Fire Attunement: I did something stupid

OK, I admit it: I cannot grasp the breadth of the build system I've managed to get myself a pretty decent fire damage based Human Elementalist, but I just did something that I can't figure out how to fix. Before, when I would hit F1, I would go into this really cool spin and do a ton of damage- I think it was called Burning Bolts or something like that. Somehow, I have lost that, and now when I hit F1, nothing happens- at least nothing apparent! On thoughts on what I might have done and how to fix this? Hopefully this makes sense! 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, jniemeyer.6754 said:

OK, I admit it: I cannot grasp the breadth of the build system I've managed to get myself a pretty decent fire damage based Human Elementalist, but I just did something that I can't figure out how to fix. Before, when I would hit F1, I would go into this really cool spin and do a ton of damage- I think it was called Burning Bolts or something like that. Somehow, I have lost that, and now when I hit F1, nothing happens- at least nothing apparent! On thoughts on what I might have done and how to fix this? Hopefully this makes sense! 

Thanks!

It sounds like you were playing the Tempest elite spec, which allows you to "overload" your attunements to produce long, channeled effects like that fire tornado.  Overload fire is both a combo field: fire and a whirl combo finisher.  It reacts with itself to produce the "burning bolts" effect you describe.

You probably changed the bottom trait line you had selected to weaver or core.  Change it back to Tempest if you want those overloads back.

Edited by AliamRationem.5172
  • Like 4