What causes Fiery Frost to fail to activate?

Solaerin.8635

Fiery Frost is the dual skill for Fire/Water while wielding a scepter. The skill launches out a projectile while causing your character to evade away from your target. 

When I test out this skill, here's my experience:

• It can be cast without a target. The projectile can hit something immediately in front of you, and you character will evade backwards.
  • It does not require you to have line of sight to your target to cast. It will simply give you Obstructed.
  • It does not require you to be in range to cast it. It will simply give you Out of range!
  • It does not require you to be facing your target. You can be running with your back to your target, moving your camera and it will still cause you to evade in the direction away from your target, and it will fire the projectile.

Despite all of this, the skill consistently bugs out on me while I actually go to use it in games. I can never seem to recreate the bug when I am testing out different things on target golems, but when I am in PvP there are so many instances where I use it and it will go on an interrupt cooldown instead of activating, causing me to miss out on the evade when I need it. Can someone who understands the skill better than I do help me figure out why it fails to activate? There will be moments where I am fighting someone in PvP and I will take my hands off of my mouse and keyboard, only push the 3 key in order to activate the skill, and it will still go on an interrupt cooldown instead of activating. I don't understand it.

12 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

The only thing I can think of is you are moving during the evade frame and canceling the animation.

Like I said, there are times where I will stand still, take my hands off of every other key, and only press the key to activate it and it will still go on an interrupt cooldown.