Easy solutions to deal with Exploiting/Griefing

I'm not sure how to start a post that Anet will actually read and take into consideration, but here are a handful of things that have plagued the game since the beginning, simple solutions to help with them and why they'll work. You've probably seen it before by many other people, but still needs to be addressed.

1. Exploiting, Griefing: 

There is no drop down menu to report someone for these or a text box to give a description of what they are doing. Every suggestion is to open a ticket about the offender. This sounds good on paper, but as a solution it is unacceptable.

2. The reason why it does not work:

Having witnessed it with my own eyes, the average player doesn't want to fumble through the menus trying to figure out how to send a ticket about an offender, so they'll just constantly complain or move on. The problem continues to exist because reporting it is not as accessible. I've seen this with my own two eyes even during the current events. People exploiting to get on top of the walls during Mad King's Inquisition or people purposely trolling a bag train. People want ways to report them, but they do not want to open a ticket.

3. How to address these problems:

Add drop down menus for Cheating, Exploiting, Griefing with a text box or relevant page to report someone. No this is by no means  a 100% solution, but it is better than nothing. We just need the tools to do it.

There is no clarity as to what falls under 'LFG System Abuse' which is the only option outside of Verbal abuse to easily report someone for their behavior.

My expectations:

I don't expect an official reply, but I do expect comments if any saying that people shouldn't complain if they're unwilling to open a ticket. Logically I would agree and I have said so myself in the past, but after almost 10 years of seeing the same thing I can reasonably say the "Submit a ticket" solution does not work in practice. Reporting illegal behavior should all be equally accessible. I also expect the kind of replies that discredit solutions that are not 100% solutions. Nothing is 100% which is why the whole 'Submit a Ticket solution' needs to become something better and brings us to where we are today. Although it's likely this post will never be seen by Anet in the sea of other topics, thanks to anyone who took the time to read it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2021 at 5:20 PM, Linken.6345 said:

It might be the way it is to cut down on useless spur of the moment reports that would pour in if an easier system was implemented.

If people cant take the time to make a ticket then it is not a big enough issue for them or Anet plain and simple.

And thus nothing will be done and the problems will continue to exist.

On 10/21/2021 at 7:07 PM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

As the Devs have stated numerous times, use the 'Botting' option for such reports. 

They can state it as many times as they like, it's still not known or intuitive for a vast majority of people and so the problems continue to exist.

• Confused 1

Like Inculpatus said, "botting" for cheating, griefing and exploiting. Unfortunately, (and bear in mind I just returned from a long break from the game, so things may have changed but I doubt it) the devs don't believe that griefing exists, so it's unlikely anything will be done about that. As for botting, I include apparent stay-alive hacks (saw two Necros in the Labyrinth over the past 3 days who were afk, but their pets attacked anything that spawned nearby and there was some hack active that was apparently meant to respawn killed pets but wasn't working correctly because one offender had three Blood Fiends, two Flesh Golems, three Bone Fiends, and two Flesh Wurms plus was randomly spawning four simultaneous Bone Fiends every 10 seconds that were auto Putrid Explosion-ing whether any hostiles were nearby or not), gathering bots, and ppl playing on the live servers with EoD Elites (saw three yesterday: a Specter, a Willbender and something I didn't recognize whose logo looked like a three-quarter view of a samurai helmet with mask). Anet still has their collective head in the sand about hacking, but I've been seeing it since the HoT glider code was downloaded weeks before HoT went live and hackers were abusing it to fly everywhere without losing altitude. Another thread posits that Anet doesn't want NCSoft to know that hacking exists, so they pretend it doesn't. Report it anyway. It's got to be documented somewhere by the system.

• Confused 1