Removing Mender's Amulet nerfed Tempest too hard.

kara.2893

On a serious note, you should try Magnet Shield. It’s a good utility for self survival, you just have to make space for it in your utilities. 

i us-to main support staff tempest in Spvp in plat level. When played well it was a decent build. With the removal of menders and the overall nerfs to healing in 2020, I really did swap to just necro, not even joking…it really is no longer viable to play that build because it just doesn’t do anything.

I would like to give you more advise but that’s really all I got. Sad but true 😕 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGQAYlRwWYWMHGJWMTptfA-z5YXCqOA

This might be the best balance between survivability and support.

Lack of stun breaks is the biggest concern which I hope Fresh Air could help compensate a bit.

Staff gives a nice mix of support and cc and helps compensate the lack of condi cleanse. It allows you to support without comitting to melee range. Biggest weakness would be getting focused down.

No I haven't tested this lol.

On 10/26/2021 at 1:13 PM, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

On a serious note, you should try Magnet Shield. It’s a good utility for self survival, you just have to make space for it in your utilities. 

I've found "Aftershock!" a superior alternative to Magnetic Shield in terms of reactivity, core skills availability and reflection spaced availability.

One every 30 sec, versus  2 every 12 and nothing for 36 sec.

Not that much difference, though. But definitely something to pack.

On 10/26/2021 at 5:49 PM, FrownyClown.8402 said:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGQAYlRwWYWMHGJWMTptfA-z5YXCqOA

This might be the best balance between survivability and support.

Lack of stun breaks is the biggest concern which I hope Fresh Air could help compensate a bit.

Staff gives a nice mix of support and cc and helps compensate the lack of condi cleanse. It allows you to support without comitting to melee range. Biggest weakness would be getting focused down.

No I haven't tested this lol.

Thanks, I took my previous build to G3 and I had a new iteration that sometimes gets me in plat.

I want to try staff, but it already means loosing an aura and I don't feel like letting go of the team cleanse + heal from the fire trait line in exchange for superspeed.

Same thing for the mobility of Lighning Flash.

Might trade rez for Mist Form though.

So here's the staff build for my next test run.

I'll keep you posted on results.

Edited by kara.2893
formulation

Tried both staff and scepter+dagger.

Unfortunately I've found staff cruelly lacks sustained condi damage for cleaving.

However, I've found scepter+dagger more promising, as it results to on par or better ranking than dagger+warhorn.

Mostly thanks to better damage, range and condi cleanse.

It does however require faster reaction times and more bursty APM to outperform dagger+warhorn, which sounds fair.