End of Dragons- I hope is a good stand alone expansion for new players

AusarViled.7106

I think GW2 is a great game, but this great game requires years of content to make sense. To those who have not played PoF or HoT or living world, or all 100+ dungeons that explain the lore, and have spent 6000 hours doing the base games stories.... ye you get the point. An expansion that requires people to do 16 years of content to understand the story is going to perform poorly. 

HoT focused on the commander way to much in my opinion- in a MMO the focus should be on all other characters but YOU.  You are not a god, or chosen one, or mythic spirit which dominates all living things like in other MMOS. In GW2 you are just this nobody who picks up and chooses to be a hero, PoF also missed this. End of dragons should be the story about the world not about you.

I am hoping end of dragons goes back to the core idea of GW2, the world. I would have even killed the commander [you] get captured in the start of the expansion, you would play as a regular member of the dragon squad, with the goal of freeing yourself from the end of dragons with aurene, who would have explained that the commander consumed the power of Zhaitan, Kralkotorik, Mordomoth, Primordus, etc and inside the commander exists a new elder dragon more powerful then all, and the goal should be to find and destroy the commander.

In the process you cause the end of the universe, we destroy the commander it causes an apocalypses by releasing the dragon. In living season we go to the mists to recover yourself and restore  your char. 

Benefit

You are forced to use another character which makes the experience completely new.  The shift form the commander is made on aurene, and you are helping her to save yourself. The biggest villian to any good story is ourselves. It would be a good way to end GW2 and pre-pare the lore for GW3

Edited by AusarViled.7106
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1