Is it okay to rip models from the game?

Anna.1956

Hi there, hope I'm posting this in the right section.

I'm wondering if it's okay to rip models from the game(for personal use only)? That means I need to log in to my account, get on a character and do the ripping and I'm afraid that this isn't allowed and I'll get banned. I know some companies allow it and that some don't, so I thought I should ask if ArenaNet is okay with it or not.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

If you want to ask ArenaNet, contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below. 

I'll do that! Thank you so much 😃

EDIT: Actually, I can't seem to submit a ticket..the support page asks me to log in to submit one, and when I do I get redirected to my account page. So I press support again and it asks me to log in again. Stuck in a loop 😞

Edited by Anna.1956
Adding info

16 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

You can use the 'Anonymous' feature to 'Submit a Ticket'.

You can also ask the CS Team to fix the log-in issue.

Thank you, I submitted a ticket! 🙂 Hoping they will say yes! How do I ask the CS Team to fix the log in issue? Is that a normal issue?

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone interested, here is a response I got for the same sort of model getting query and as you can see from the response, it's clear they can't go off script as it doesn't really answer the question.

Hello,

At present, ArenaNet and the Guild Wars 2 Support Team does not review, approve, or officially endorse any third-party programs or applications, nor are we able to provide support if they have caused issues with your game. Please contact the individual or organization that created the program for assistance.

If you are interested about using a third-party modification, we recommend that you review the policy documents regarding third-party programs, multi-boxing, and macros posted on the support site:

Beyond that, we cannot provide any further response aside from what is outlined in the articles above.

Edited by Barabas Flynch.9036

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Be careful using Gaile's authorization/endorsement as permission for anything after what happened with World Transfers via character deletion. 

That's what happens when people exploit things, same reason they no longer casually restore items. In this case, she was simply quoting the content terms of use:

https://us.ncsoft.com/en-us/legal/ncsoft/content-terms-of-use
(contact community@arena.net for questions)

• Confused 1