Not receiving authentication messages

I registered my phone number for SMS authentication and it's been working fine until today.  I haven't received any SMS from either the game or Anet when logging into my account on the browser. I tried resetting my wifi and restarting my phone several times to no avail. Has anyone had this happen? How did you solve it? I've already submitted a ticket but am not sure when I'd get a reply.

3 hours ago, Demon Pie.2634 said:

I registered my phone number for SMS authentication and it's been working fine until today.  I haven't received any SMS from either the game or Anet when logging into my account on the browser. I tried resetting my wifi and restarting my phone several times to no avail. Has anyone had this happen? How did you solve it? I've already submitted a ticket but am not sure when I'd get a reply.

About the support reply, it'll be trickier now since it's weekend, you might get the answer on Monday. It's possible they'll need to disable authenticator completely to fix this issue (or send sms manually).

I suggest using some Authenticator application (either for phone or pc) instead of SMS because there's no delays for this option.

PC alternative is WinAuth which still works fine. Even if you have the phone I recommend making backup of the string (long uppercase text) to create authenticator so that you won't get locked out when you switch phones/reset it. WinAuth link is provided by authenticator app setup in first step.

I also recommend setting password for the WinAuth if stored on PC.

Edited by Templar.7268

3 hours ago, Demon Pie.2634 said:

Are you saying you are locked out of your accounts?  Or that you just stopped receiving SMS messages before being able to log in?

If it is the latter, once your account 'learns' the expected log in address(s), it will stop asking for authentication.  You can check remembered ranges of addresses in your 'My Account' page. 

1 hour ago, Templar.7268 said:

I suggest using some Authenticator application (either for phone or pc) instead of SMS because there's no delays for this option.

PC alternative is WinAuth which still works fine. Even if you have the phone I recommend making backup of the string (long uppercase text) to create authenticator so that you won't get locked out when you switch phones/reset it. WinAuth link is provided by authenticator app setup in first step.

I also recommend setting password for the WinAuth if stored on PC.

Yeah I thought about installing the app but except I can't even log into my Anet account because it stops me at the SMS authentication, which I cannot receive.

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Are you saying you are locked out of your accounts?  Or that you just stopped receiving SMS messages before being able to log in?

In a way, yes, because neither the game or the browser seems to be sending me any texts. Yesterday, the texts reached me just fine. Shortly after my last login, my modem got reset and every time it does that I'd have to click "remember network" again. I think that has something to do with the game asking me for authentication. But yeah, when I tried to log in today it's not sending me anything.