Should GW2 Double Down on Strikes?

On 11/2/2021 at 2:11 PM, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

I like open world the best.

Strikes are fine. And new ones are welcome.

Dungeons were a big miss in GW2. It would be nice to see a future expansion focused around them like Eye of the North did.

The dungeons of Eye of the North were great. ArenaNet really showed what can be done with them. Linear adventures that were solo-able with heroes and not too many weird mechanics. Challenging but could be made easier with consets or ursan blessing in the time that ursanway was a thing. Not different paths but different dungeons. Each with a distinct style, challenge and depth.

It would be wonderful to see classy content like that find its way back into GW2. 🥰 I miss it so much!

GW2's existing dungeons lack all the charm, with the exception of the Ascalonian Catacombs - the only "dungeon" that deserves the name - , and maybe Honor of the Waves, and the Deepstone fractal, of course (though the two latter lack the variety that the Ascalonian Catacombs offer on their different paths).

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1

I think they should double down on strikes by revisiting HoT and PoF boss by boss. We already know they'll standardize the currency, and having more variation through all the expansions would make a lot more players feel good about doing them due to already having familiarity/nostalgia. It mostly depends how good the buyable strike rewards are though. The biggest allure for raids is the legendary armor and buying the unique raid armor/tools/rewards. Strikes need something about as big for people to take them seriously.