Parallel Analysis bugged/blocking progress???

So I completed Return to Dragonfall tonight on my Tempest. I went to Eye of the North, expecting to find Taimi and Gorrik in that corner, near Aurene, and a conversation that would get me the Parallel Analysis achievement. But Taimi and Gorrik are missing.

I have recently done Personal Story, LWS2, Caladbolg, PoF, LWS4 on this character (HoT and LWS3 done ages ago) and so I cannot figure out why Parallel Analysis is not available to me. Is this more misleading text in the the UI? What am I overlooking?

I have also done all the re-released LWS5 episodes (4 of 7 total).

• Like 1

You need to complete episode 5 of the Icebrood Saga to make them set up camp in the Eye of the North. That's when their conversation chain starts:

1. "After completing Icebrood Saga Episode 5, visit Taimi and Gorrik at the Eye of the North to see how their dragon research is progressing." (Return to Research)
  2. Then: "After completing the meta-achievement Return to the Silverwastes 2, visit Taimi and Gorrik at the Eye of the North." (Studying Scarlet)
  3. Followed by: "After completing the meta-achievement Return to Siren's Landing, visit Taimi and Gorrik at the Eye of the North." (Peer Review)
  4. And finally: "After completing the meta-achievement Return to Dragonfall, visit Taimi and Gorrik at the Eye of the North." (Parallel Analysis)
  5. Yet to come: "After completing the meta-achievement Return to the Dragonstorm, visit Taimi and Gorrik at the Eye of the North." (End Conjecture)

All that info is available on the GW2 Wiki, by the way. :classic_wink:

Edited by Ashantara.8731

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

You need to complete episode 5 of the Icebrood Saga to make them set up camp in the Eye of the North. That's when their conversation chain starts:

1. "After completing Icebrood Saga Episode 5, visit Taimi and Gorrik at the Eye of the North to see how their dragon research is progressing." (Return to Research)
  2. Then: "After completing the meta-achievement Return to the Silverwastes 2, visit Taimi and Gorrik at the Eye of the North." (Studying Scarlet)
  3. Followed by: "After completing the meta-achievement Return to Siren's Landing, visit Taimi and Gorrik at the Eye of the North." (Peer Review)
  4. And finally: "After completing the meta-achievement Return to Dragonfall, visit Taimi and Gorrik at the Eye of the North." (Parallel Analysis)
  5. Yet to come: "After completing the meta-achievement Return to the Dragonstorm, visit Taimi and Gorrik at the Eye of the North." (End Conjecture)

All that info is available on the GW2 Wiki, by the way. :classic_wink:

oops my bad didn't add comment...

Just to be clear I have completed everything in return to achieves up and including current "Return to Shadow in the Ice" except for "Parallel Analysis" and the "end Conjecture". So you are saying I need to finish IBS 5 to even start to complete peer review studying scarlet or return to research which I have already completed. Yet IBS ep 5 has not been released yet.  I wonder how I finished them.

Did you complete all 10 Episodes of The Icebrood Saga?  Not just 'Return to Episode 5'. 

Gorrik and Taimi will only show in the Eye of the North for characters that have completed the Icebrood Saga. Recordings of their past conversations are available from the Recorder.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Current_Events#Notes

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Current_Events

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234

21 hours ago, Orbdweller.8674 said:

Yet IBS ep 5 has not been released yet.  I wonder how I finished them.

:classic_huh: The IBS finished months ago, the release of Episode 5 included.

You need to finish the episode, not its Return achievements.

Edit: @ confused person: Taimi and Gorrik came to the Eye of the North during the regular story, their presence has nothing to do with the Return achievements and is only used on it to enhence the experience.

19 hours ago, Orbdweller.8674 said:

Ahhhh not with the toon I am doing all the replays on.

That explains the problem then. 😉

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1