Unloaded tower assets in WvW

Falq.2530

Hello,
Today i encountered a weird bug, the tower assets did not load for me, at first i thought that they only did not load as when a game is loading a location, so i would not be able to go through them even if i don't see them, but a few momens later, when i tried to go up the stairs, i was not able to, the graphics for me (as well as collision surface) did not exist, so i was able to (at least i think that it looked so for other players) go though tower walls and such.

After going to character select and entering WvW again, the tower was loaded correctly. There are attached screenshots that i took during this 'encounter'. The tower in question is Greenlake on right Apline Borderlands map.
I am not running Direct X11.

https://imgur.com/a/Zq7uB78

I would like to hear an official reply, because this makes me nervous that i could get reported for cheating or something by other players while i have no idea what really happened.

with kind regards, Marek Z.

On 11/21/2021 at 1:34 AM, Falq.2530 said:

Hello,
Today i encountered a weird bug, the tower assets did not load for me, at first i thought that they only did not load as when a game is loading a location, so i would not be able to go through them even if i don't see them, but a few momens later, when i tried to go up the stairs, i was not able to, the graphics for me (as well as collision surface) did not exist, so i was able to (at least i think that it looked so for other players) go though tower walls and such.

After going to character select and entering WvW again, the tower was loaded correctly. There are attached screenshots that i took during this 'encounter'. The tower in question is Greenlake on right Apline Borderlands map.
I am not running Direct X11.

https://imgur.com/a/Zq7uB78

I would like to hear an official reply, because this makes me nervous that i could get reported for cheating or something by other players while i have no idea what really happened.

with kind regards, Marek Z.

From what I have experienced with this "undocumented feature", is that while you cannot see the wall skin, you are still limited by what you can do.  I was unable to walk through the wall, nor was I able to use a skill on a target that I could see through the textures.  It is like the skin was missing, but the model was still there (if you have ever been in WvW and gotten trapped in a wall, what your image shows is the same).  It is currently more common with DX11 that I have found.  Though every now and again I do have the problem with DX9 (though not recently).

If the devs were to do a two layer model, both sides textured, it may solve the problem.  At least that is what I had to do with level editing with Unreal Tournament (for certain pieces).

Morden

Edited by Morden Kain.3489
spelling