Translation to Brazilian Portuguese

I've been playing gw2 for almost a year and I realized that the game has a large population of Brazilian players and a rich history, but due to lack of translation, many of these players don't understand the history and consequently it became boring content, and this is just a example of several, that's why I ask that a translation be done to Brazilian Portuguese for the next expansion.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 17
  • Confused 3

Please GW2 respond to this community request, many Brazilian players end up abandoning or not even trying to play the game due to language limitations, the game is amazing, I love it, however, as I don't know English very well, I feel very limited in understand the story and dialogues.

Edited by L u u G.5032
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

If we have a translation to brazilian's portuguese, the game can reach a new generation of players (younger ones) and also we may have a boost in brazilians live streams about gw2 (which is praticaly null at moment) since the hole story is so good as a console game.

Thats my opinion and my wish.

Thanks for atention :classic_smile:.

Edited by Jorg.8901
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

I know that a translation of all in game text is already  a big thing to ask, but brazilian community have been asking this for so long...
All the great games that have became so much popular in Brazil was in major part due to portuguese translations. 
I aways thoght that Guild Wars 2 is the MMO that best suits the brazilian mmo lovers, but a lot of these players dont give a chance to the game only because of the language.
Hope this post gets where it needs to!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Imperador Smart.4301 said:

I fully agree, I have been playing the game for over 3 years and already several Brazilian friends have stopped playing due to the lack of translation into Portuguese (BR). Garena, please consider PT/BR translation in the next expansion.

Arena Net* 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I believe that if you take your system and find out where most players come from, you will see that a good part is in SA-Brazil, many because of other games of the genre, others for entering Tyria and falling in love, some because I'm already a fan of the Saga, I know that a translation is something very powerful and would attract many more new players as even old ones who would return to the game, my friends stopped playing because the game is fully native in English and I know that today I learn a language is fundamental and great but not everyone has access to this resource, I think it's cool and valid for the company to think with love about the Brazilian and Latin fan base as a whole, it would be a great way to enter the world of GW2, with love, Silverieny the Asura of Nature... ♥

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

We are a good part of player base and it would be wonderful if a great game like gw2 had a brazilian translate. We love the game but a lot of us don't know basic english and it would help a lot i reaching new players as it would help old players like me

Edited by heitopy.3607
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

Translating to Brazilian Portuguese would be a wise move since the game has a massive brazilian player base that feels upset due to the lack of translation. It seems like the devs don't care about us. 

I'm sure there are plenty of people that don't play the game due to language barrier, and others that cannot have a full game immersion for the same reason.

Edited by Konstantinus.4357
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3