My personal tweaks for Vindicator

RedYeti.2453

Greatsword

It's good , strong dps weapon with lack of CC and recycled animations. 

-Add CC to GS2 or GS4(True Strike)

-Increase GS2 cooldown to 5s in PvP/WvW because it has 3s cooldown and making it as a CC will be too strong.

-GS3 is ok, no change, but please fix range of this skill

-GS5 nerf damage a little bit in PvP/WvW like 1/5 and give chill for 5s

-Overhaul animation:

-GS autoattack-good but it could be better. Make more unique and smooth.

-GS2 replace animation like Baltazar swing or Guardian's GS4

-GS3 is ok

-GS4 block is ok, True Strike animation like ranger GS autoattack 3 or GS5

-GS5 is good for me

Alliance Stance

The concept is awesome but execution is medicore. The changes in Beta4 is a good step spliting Energy Meld with Alliance Tactics and making utilities not fliping. Downside is animations and usage of new stance in PvP and WvW. F3 should be more usable even when you don't have alliance stance active.

F-skills

When you use F3 it will summon Archemorus or Saint Viktor to aid you, if you diffrent stance like Jalis or Shiro.

In aliance stance it splits to F3 and F4.

They will work similar to thief Elite skill or Charr's Elite skill.

-F3(Luxon's Charge)-Swap to Luxon mode and summon a spirt of Archemorus. He will deal damage and taunt enemies to attack him for 30s.Cooldown 10s Energy 5

-F4(Kurzick's Praying)-Swap to Kurzick mode and summon a spirt of Saint Viktor. He will grant boons(resistance, resolution, protection) and heal youand allies for 30s.Cooldown 10s Energy 5

Utilities

-Buff both Healing skills

-Nomad Advance and Battle Dance are ok, add NA's a CC like Knockdown but increase energy cost to 25 and cooldown to 5s in PvP and WvW

-Scavenger Burst and Treesong needs buff and new VFX animation, SB gives bleeding or burning and TS grant also resistance increase cooldown to 10s

-Reaver's Rage and Awakening needs a buff, Awakening grant also protection, make upkeep in Reaver's Rage each pulse damages enemies like demon elite and give them cripple replace stability with migth remove cooldown, Awakening also gives stability to allies

-You summon only a spear and throw it on a ground It becomes ground target AOE and after landing  deals additional damage for 10s in AOE, Drop the Urn needs a healing buff and allow to heal while urn is active

Traits

Major Master is all about endurace gain, Major Grandmaster is all about dodge and Major Adept is all about playstyle between support or dps or mix of two.

They need to add more in Major Master traits. Rest is ok.

Additional effects on Major Master traits:

-Reaver's Curse- Archemorus'es spirit has more health and toughness. Saint Viktor's spirit grant conditions to enemies(chill, slow and vurneability) for 10s. 

-Angsiyan's Trust-Gain endurance(5) when summon a spirit. Increases duration of summoned spirits by 20% while one of spirts is sumoned it grants you swiftness and life steal for 10s.

-Song of Arboreum- Saint Viktor's spirit's boons are stronger. When Archemorus'es spirit is active it gives you and allies aegis, quickness and fury for 10s.

Misc.

Update icons for Vindicator. They are to clean and less revy unlike Kalla or even Glint skills.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I would absolutely hate to see gs2 or 4 become cc for zerg combat in wvw it would be a huge nerf imo. I would like to see it on gs3 which is already weaker than the other gs attacks if anything, but actually I think it is pretty good that they added cc to the stunbreak on the st viktor side, maybe it would be enough to just tune up that daze and or add some slow/immob if you feel you need more cc.

Pretty wild ideas there for the fkey skills, I get the appeal of having the elite spec do something more in other stances, but that's a major redesign you want there...

I don't nessicerily love the idea of the spear being a ground targeted deal, unless the projectile speed is tuned up to nearly instantaneous at max range. Unless it's made stupid fast (no cast time delay & nearly instantaneous projectile travel), with 2k range it really needs to be homing and maybe unblockable too, make it an aoe fine, make it a pull if you ask me, but at least make it reliable.

Again I would hate to see nomad's advance change, it's like deathstrike but 5 target, please don't nerf it to near zero damage in competitive just to get cc. Better to kill someone than knock em down, really I don't want to loose all the wonderful 5 target high damage abilities in the kit just to get cc, I can see the appeal in pvp but it would make it pretty weak for zerg combat in wvw. In fact if it were up to me I would prefer to see instead of hard cc added perhaps some multi target immob on sword 3 or scavenger burst. Immobilization isn't affected by stability and gets much more mileage in zerg combat than hard cc against people who are running around with 15 stacks of stability.

Edited by Jthug.9506