What is best gear for condi thief?

EpicName.4523

9 hours ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

I think it depends if it appears under their healthbar after application. If it does, even when grayed out due to immunity, it should count for purpose of the rune/trait.

I think that Weakness appears as grey on most champions, even bosses in instanced pve, so getting might that way shouldn't have been an issue than.

On 9/2/2022 at 3:12 PM, Sifu.9745 said:

I have a question: Do i really need crit as condi Thief in open world? I would like to try out D/D + SB condi Daredevil for open world only.

I don't want to go full glassy (so no Viper, no Sinister). I also don't want to go full defensive, so no Trailblazer, no Dire. I also hate mixing different type of gear, so one type of gear only:)

I guess it takes ages before you kill a single mob with Trailblazer gear? Also i don't like to focus on condi only: #3 and AA spam, that's a bit boring. With Power added i can also use #2 and stealth attack. I am looking for a Carrion or Celestial i guess. Rabid could be an option too, but i really don't know what to do with Precision, because condi Daredevil Thief is probably the only spec that doesn't support any crit builds (maybe condi Guardian is another exception?).

I could only focus on crit with Celestial gear, which also gives Ferocity stat: 192%. So 35% base crit with full Celestial, add 7% from Sigil of Accuracy + 7 or 8% from Signet of agility = 50% crit. I can also take Thrill of the crime trait in Trickery and i can get 75% crit for 14 seconds. Not bad for an condi Thief i guess? But my condi dmg would be much lower than Carrion condi dmg ... Also Carrion has way more Power than Celestial, doesn't even need crit ... Celestial crit is just slighty higher dmg than Carrion non crit ... As Carrion i can only focus on condi duration sigils and runes.

I really can't decide.  What do you think, which one is better dmg: Carrion or Celestial? And which gives more Survivability?

Hi HI, been a while. You've always loved d/d builds. You can give this a try:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PawAoqVlFw2YgMLGJeUX/NdA-zVIYb0xXKFUApEBdHChkAufACYP8OqmBA-w

Worked in wvw so should be good for survivability in pve. Crit damage isn't the point of this build, it's about the bleed over time and the power. With all the condi cleanse in wvw I decided to concentrate on bleed and blinds that's why the bound. One could just black powder, bound, auto attack, 1, 1, 1, repeat. Head shot now and again to give torment.

• Thanks 1