Mouse cursor doesn't change icons when targeting enemies or further away from interactable allies/objects.

Gorem.8104

Something i've noticed recently, as of a update/patch or 2 ago is that my mouse cursor has stopped changing icons nearly entirely. For the speech bubble to appear I now have to be on top of the target, same deal for the cog wheel. I used to be able to tell allied siege in wvw from far away due to it changing into a cog wheel, but now it doesn't until you are basically on top of it. Also notice the red sword attack icon for fighting enemies just disappeared entirely. now if I fight a random mob the cursor entirely refuses to change to anything. Click on enemy siege the cursor appears the same as everywhere. 

What's the current fix for this new issue? I hear its even effected Yolomouse as of course, its an issue with the game gw2 itself that is a new problem. 

• Like 1

This has been driving me crazy! Everyone I ask about this says, they never noticed that it changed for enemies which is what I really miss.

One thing I did notice, it will still change, BUT you need to be on TOP of the enemy and it only changes when facing certain directions if that makes sense? It was really strange I could make it work then it would stop again so it's definitely a bug. I am currently installing a clean install and going to test it out and see if that makes a difference for me.

On 12/23/2021 at 6:48 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

Has been an issue for a while now, not just since the latest patch. Most people don't notice it, though.

I hope it will get fixed after the holidays.

Yeah, I noticed it a short while ago, saw some reddit posts but not many here. I do see others are experiencing it, and see that it is essentially a bug. Hopefully there is a fix for it in 2022 🙂

Cause once you notice it, its so hard to stop noticing it. 

On 12/30/2021 at 2:02 PM, bro.2856 said:

This has been driving me crazy! Everyone I ask about this says, they never noticed that it changed for enemies which is what I really miss.

One thing I did notice, it will still change, BUT you need to be on TOP of the enemy and it only changes when facing certain directions if that makes sense? It was really strange I could make it work then it would stop again so it's definitely a bug. I am currently installing a clean install and going to test it out and see if that makes a difference for me.

Did the clean install work? Yeah, that's what I miss the most, is it changing for enemies. NPC's too/ Siege in wvw was also nice to be able to see far away. Went from being able to tell if enemy siege or our siege to it all being the same from a distance.