Cannot purchase gems anymore

Hey,

So I used to play this game a ton around 5-6 months ago, and I used to buy gems regularly. However, I returned today to find they've changed something regarding the payment portal, and my Paypal and my debit card both no longer are getting accepted. With my card, it simply says "An error has occurred, please try again later" and with my paypal, it says "Your attempt was declined by the financial institution, please contact your financial institution for assistance". I went and tested that my card and my paypal still work in other games (tried it in Valorant and also steam). Can someone pls lemme know,  is there any way to revert to the old payment method or some other way for me to purchase gems? I live in India, so there aren't any gift card retailers I can purchase from, and I've already tried both my cards and got the same error. 

Thanks.

18 minutes ago, PrOtoNyTE.6974 said:

Hey,

So I used to play this game a ton around 5-6 months ago, and I used to buy gems regularly. However, I returned today to find they've changed something regarding the payment portal, and my Paypal and my debit card both no longer are getting accepted. With my card, it simply says "An error has occurred, please try again later" and with my paypal, it says "Your attempt was declined by the financial institution, please contact your financial institution for assistance". I went and tested that my card and my paypal still work in other games (tried it in Valorant and also steam). Can someone pls lemme know,  is there any way to revert to the old payment method or some other way for me to purchase gems? I live in India, so there aren't any gift card retailers I can purchase from, and I've already tried both my cards and got the same error. 

Thanks.

If you would have searched this forum before posting, you would have seen that you aren't the only one with problems to purchase Gems. There have also been several reports on people that use Paypal to pay for Gems, that had problems since Paypal also made some changes for payments in this thread.

Create a ticket to CS and see if your problems could be related to restiction on your GW2 account. Use link  and  "Submit a ticket":

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/categories/200110178-Purchase-Support-Payment-Methods-Upgrades-and-Products

• Like 1