[PVP] Melee Stance-Beast Roamer

Downstate.4697

Here is a video to showcase a build I have been running in ranked. If you are expecting some amazing gameplay you are wrong. I am an average ranger at best and I don't play often enough to fix my bad habits. I do sit in plat 1 though. Anyhow, I enjoy running this and hope someone else will too.

Build below. Feel free to adjust as needed. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAExflRweYeMImJW0W5P1BEB-zZILkGTgMrgeDBTGA

Edited by FrownyClown.8402
  • Like 2

Out-of-the-mill melee build, good play as you pointed out nothing special just gameplay. Entertaining enough thou. 

Just one suggestion: With GS-Ax#5 try to play out with Entangle. The Elite OWP only hits once by multiple target hit so it not hat good with melee weapons. The CD will be more or less the same (60s) and the relevant effects are better with entangle - Not traited. 

OWP is only useful for pewpew SB on Rapid Fire. 

Entangle will allow you to correct the hit: You pull with F3 - Ax#5, They escape immob with a cleanse but then you correct with rooting them with Entangle and hit with Maul-AA-GS#5-Maul. (keep in eye on the AA to get advantage of the +25% dmg. Otherwise you can skip that one) 

At least you will land one maul. Maul is also a 5 target skill. 

41 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Out-of-the-mill melee build, good play as you pointed out nothing special just gameplay. Entertaining enough thou. 

Just one suggestion: With GS-Ax#5 try to play out with Entangle. The Elite OWP only hits once by multiple target hit so it not hat good with melee weapons. The CD will be more or less the same (60s) and the relevant effects are better with entangle - Not traited. 

OWP is only useful for pewpew SB on Rapid Fire. 

Entangle will allow you to correct the hit: You pull with F3 - Ax#5, They escape immob with a cleanse but then you correct with rooting them with Entangle and hit with Maul-AA-GS#5-Maul. (keep in eye on the AA to get advantage of the +25% dmg. Otherwise you can skip that one) 

At least you will land one maul. Maul is also a 5 target skill. 

thanks for the advice and def a better option. The utilities are pretty flexible in general. I wanted to stay true to a stance build as much as possible when making it. I also forgot the sb traits so I updated the build template.