[EU] Zodiac Village [ZV] - Housing experiment

HnRkLnXqZ.1870

INTRODUCTION

Since the launch of GW2, parts of the community always asked for housing. When the discussion pops up in the General Discussion board, it is often quite noisy and less productive. There exist a lot of clever suggestions and solutions, but the wish has not been granted yet. We do have the Guildhalls since Heart of Thorns and those do allow decoration. But both the acquisition of those and the decoration requires an entire guild and plenty of resources. 

The Zodiac Village Project utilizes this feature and offers player housing for normal players. A small village, where five different parties can live in their own estates. They have their own space, which they can decorate as they feel comfortable.  

We are using a regular Lost Precipice Guildhall, where a portal-connection was established to access the four houses(1) and the palace(2). The guild has the most basic unlocks, such as a scribe-station for private banking and decoration crafting, as well as a basic decoration merchant. The village itself consist of five estates, named after animals of the GW2 Lunar Year Zodiac. 

-

ESTATES
Note: Due to the special circumstances on this board, we still cannot embed pictures in our posts. I've made a detailed tour-guide through each of the five estates. Just click on the house-name with the number, to open it.

1.) House of the Dog
Probably the most basic estate in the village. There is lots of space to change things and give the place a special appearance. On the other hand, you can access the house via four different entrances. One in particular can be refined into a balcony with a mind-blowing view over the valley.

2.) House of the Rooster - ALREADY TAKEN
Quite a balanced house with multiple entrances, but slightly customized. It comes with lots of empty space, an impressive back door, more light and a wall-carving. 

3.) House of the Ox - ALREADY TAKEN
Nature has touched this one in particular. The Ivy vegetation is higher and you have tree on a pedestal in the living room. In addition there are colorful wall-mosaics.

4.) House of the Rat
While this house comes with an impressive two-layer mosaic, it also surprises with a special kind of fountain. In addition, there is special wall decoration and good illumination. 

5.) Palace of the Monkey - ALREADY TAKEN
This is more some kind of a mini-guildhall. Plenty of sections with different themes, granting its owners a true freedom of design. There are several rooms that can be decorated, as well as many structures that can be optimized. Even if I would add 100 pictures, I could not cover every facet of the place properly.

RESOURCES
Every estate comes with a Decoration Starter Kit, which contains a mixed variety of both basic and exclusive decorations. It will not be enough to fulfill all your dreams, but it will give you a head-start. You can already start making your home, even if you do not have a scribe leveled. There is always the option to add decorations on your own or request them. I also intend to enhance the Decoration Starter Kit over time. 

I have also created a small Decoration Guide for everyone who wants to learn how it works.

REQUIREMENTS
There can be up to five different parties, one for each estate. I do not care how many people share one. If you want to take it for yourself or make a shared apartment with a few friends is up to you. 

RULES
- Do not troll other villagers by removing their decorations or blocking their property with junk.
- Do not use decoration you do not own. If someone crafts new decoration and did not use it right away, ask them if you can use it.
- Do not shame/mock others for their taste in design.

FEE
None. The only payment I require is a little feedback. 

PARTICIPATION
If you are interested, contact me with your account-name and the estate you would like to own. If an estate is already taken, I will mark in in this thread and try to suggest an alternative. Once all slots are filled, the thread will be changed. How to contact me:
- post in this thread
- pm me on the forums
- whisper me in GW2
- mail me in GW2
HnRkLnXqZ.1870

Note: There is a low chance I may have blocked your account in the past. If that is the case, just respond in the forum-thread. I am not going to lock you out or give you lower priority. 

NOTES
- I do not work for ANet and they do not support this project in any way.
- There exists no such thing as player/account-property. Everything in this game is owned by ANet and can be removed by them without any reasons instantly.

Edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...