No Hero Points on Level up

Good Afternoon,

I have rewards popping up and I am clicking on them them to get my rewards, and I appear to be getting them except for Hero Points. 

I just leveled up to 71 and got 0 hero points, even though it was listed as a reward when I opened up the reward icon. 

I've leveled from 37 to 71 in the last few days, and haven't gotten any hero points, so I am rather confused. 

Are you sure it is levels and not mastery levels?

You dont get any hero points after 80 when you start to get mastery levels.

Edit

Your 1-80 will give you enough to max out all core lines.

To do the elite specs you need to gain hero points out in the world 1 for core tyria hps and 10 for each expansion hps.

Edited by Linken.6345

17 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Are you sure it is levels and not mastery levels?

You dont get any hero points after 80 when you start to get mastery levels.

Edit

Your 1-80 will give you enough to max out all core lines.

To do the elite specs you need to gain hero points out in the world 1 for core tyria hps and 10 for each expansion hps.

OP said he/she was L71...?

I have spent some hero points. At 70 I had 11 hero points, and level to 71, and still have 11 hero points. I've been doing map stuff to get points to spend on skills. No, it's not mastery points, though there are a few mastery appoints rewarded for finishing seasons, I am not 80 yet, so I haven't gotten very many hero points. 

It could maybe be because I was a returning player from 2013 or so, that the points system changed and I wasn't being awarded points so that the system could catch up? I did get hero points at 72, 13 hero points. I haven't gotten others for 73 or 74, I am about to hit 75. 

Jeese, I haven't needed a URL for posts screenshots for years. Where do people even host pictures these days? totally not paying 6 bucks a month for photobuckets to host images. 

Ya, I looked at hosting sites, but, legit is relative when you google search so.  Google photo's works though. 

That article does help a bit. Just means I'll have to run around the map and get all the points to finish out my last special so that I can move onto elite specialization once i hit 80. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/G6LCyT5PP9SycLjL9

On 1/28/2022 at 10:14 PM, Valdarin.7865 said:

That article does help a bit. Just means I'll have to run around the map and get all the points to finish out my last special so that I can move onto elite specialization once i hit 80.

The crucial part of that article is this:

• When the patch hit, each character got automatic unlocks based on the skills and traits equipped before. Low level character often found themselves with more unlocks than hero points available at their level. In that case, they had a negative amount (even though the value displayed did not reflect it) and were barred from gaining Hero points on level up until they had gained back those missing points. They could still gain points through Hero challenges.

Check the level-up rewards page of the wiki. There are 78 hero points rewarded between levels 73 and 79. If you are missing less than 78 points to max your virtues traitline (going by your screenshot, which looks to me like you have everything else except elites unlocked), then you likely have one of those characters that simply had more points unlocked through conversion than would've been naturally available at that level. Once that difference is reached, you'll unlock more points by levelling.