Option to remove fog so we cann see more into the distance

The new maps are so stunning, sadly the view into the distance is sooo drastically limited by the fog.
Please add a an an slider to decrease / disable the fog, so we can get see the whole beauty 🙂
Specially in Kaineng now this the view seems soo limited when everything is that large.

I'm aware that there is/was a gw2 hook to get it removed, and i've seen that in some yt videos it looks so amazing!

Edited by NeroBoron.7285

Just removing the fog isn't really a great idea by itself as the draw distance and LOD of many objects would need to be adjusted accordingly. When I tried GW2 hook I never disabled the fog entirely since in most maps where you would care about wide, open views, the popping-in of objects in the distance becomes very noticeable and distracting.

Hopefully ANet will be less worried about changing these hard limits now that we're steadily moving over to DX11.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SunRoamer.5103 said:

Just removing the fog isn't really a great idea by itself as the draw distance and LOD of many objects would need to be adjusted accordingly. When I tried GW2 hook I never disabled the fog entirely since in most maps where you would care about wide, open views, the popping-in of objects in the distance becomes very noticeable and distracting.

Hopefully ANet will be less worried about changing these hard limits now that we're steadily moving over to DX11.

Yes, it becomes black desert wars 2😄

• Haha 1