Cannot log in to GW2 website and so cannot purchase EOD expansion

Jewel.4850

My husband has tried for several days to log in to the GW2 website in order to purchase the EOD expansion. He is simply told "Something went wrong - please try again in a few minutes".

He has changed his login password, disabled VPN but nothing allows him to log in.

He cannot raise a ticket himself because he cannot get in to the website/forums area to do that.

Please advise

Β 

Edited by Jewel.4850
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Jewel.4850 said:

His details are: [...]

Please remove them immediately from your post! Everyone can read this information, it could breach his privacy. That aside, there are bots who scan public forums like this one and might add his e-mail address to their database, resulting in him receiving tons of spam mail, spoof mail and the like. 😱Never ever post such information (e-mail addresses, names etc) in public places.

That said, can't he log into the support page either in order to submit a ticket? What about the "Anonymous" support ticket option where you don't need to log in?

Edited by Ashantara.8731

2 hours ago, Jewel.4850 said:

Thank you for the advice - edited the original post

πŸ‘

You didn't respond to my question/suggestion, though. πŸ™‚ The Support page has an option to open a ticket anonymously, you can then provide them with your e-mail address:

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/requests/new --> "submit your ticket anonymously"

Support won't respond to you here on the forums.

Edited by Ashantara.8731

43 minutes ago, Jewel.4850 said:

I eventually found someone else's forum post with a similar problem. Changing the browser and disabling internet security allowed him to log in and the purchase to go through.Β 

Thank you for the advice πŸ™‚

Actually, from my personal experience, just temporarily changing the following should work:

• Deactivating adblocks and anti-tracking browser add-ons
  • Unchecking the block options "tracking content" and "cookies" in Firefox's privacy settings

No need to disable all internet security as that is never a good option. πŸ™‚