A decent shortbow build

nopoet.2960

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?Pa0AUhrlRwcYUsPGJO2W9NPA-zxIU/omvYYkLoAyJB6LCCPEcdA-e (replace caltrops with roll for initiative for pvp)

I always kind of wanted to primary shortbow, so since we have a little more time before the ex pac, I discovered this build and it works.  Open with steal, dodge, impairing daggers then kite your tail off. Also try to abuse the daze on chocking gas when you can. 

Anyone have suggestions on making it stronger?  I had sinister gear in my bank so that decision was out of convenience.  The only real problem I've run into is taking a cc; I'm in danger. 

Ok, I've been playing around with the build in the OP long enough to recommend it.  Only adjustment I would make is using withdraw as the heal.  It works better because even though short bow is ranged you end up playing pretty close to your targets to make use of steal/the caltrops from uncatchable, and lotus training.  It's the only build I've played on my thief that I feel like I can take on large groups (open world) reliably.  It also worked well in fractals.

@Zacchary.6183 I think the three dodges from dd, disabling shot, panic strike, and thousand needles are more then enough tools for kiting.  Dashing seems like overkill.  It's definitely glassy but I like it that way but you're right anyone who tries this build will have to figure out how fragile they want to be and build accordingly.  I'm still mulling over additional condition duration.   I kind of feel like it's not needed since you can reapply poison/bleed so quickly. 

49 minutes ago, nopoet.2960 said:

Ok, I've been playing around with the build in the OP long enough to recommend it.  Only adjustment I would make is using withdraw as the heal.  It works better because even though short bow is ranged you end up playing pretty close to your targets to make use of steal/the caltrops from uncatchable, and lotus training.  It's the only build I've played on my thief that I feel like I can take on large groups (open world) reliably.  It also worked well in fractals.

@Zacchary.6183 I think the three dodges from dd, disabling shot, panic strike, and thousand needles are more then enough tools for kiting.  Dashing seems like overkill.  It's definitely glassy but I like it that way but you're right anyone who tries this build will have to figure out how fragile they want to be and build accordingly.  I'm still mulling over additional condition duration.   I kind of feel like it's not needed since you can reapply poison/bleed so quickly. 

I get you. I try to stack both as much as I can because, in my experience, it makes people burn through their cleanses when you get high enough stacks. And if they use up their cleanses, that means less attacks you have to make.