New to Condi Renegade.

torvath.8621

I'm recently coming from playing a soul beast ranger and have to start fresh with getting gear, just wanting to double check the check list for sigil's and runes to get.

I mostly do pvE so the recent nerfs shouldn't hit me too hard I think, as for runes to run I was thinking torment and viper stats for the gear.

Weapons I was wanting to use a mace/ax and a shortbow combo just not sure the sigil's for the weapons ATM

• Confused 1

The best condi build for the whole (PvE) game is condi Renegade. Looks something like this:

For pure raw damage (while still having amazing sustain): short bow +mace & axe, Renegade (2,2,2),  Corruption (1,3,1) and Devastation (3,3,3) traitlines, Nightmare runes, Malice and Bursting sigils. Full viper stats (or mixed a bit with trailblazer or dire if needed). Mallyx and Kalla legends.

Lord Hizen uses a similar build and soloed almost every legendary bounty, world boss or fractal/raid boss in the game with it (you have at least three videos of them doing all those stuff):

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAUlflhQLsIajJRaMIKjBSjMBygj+1/LF-zRJYkRNfZUaJ0RG49BIc9wrBEfaA-e

The main difference is that He runs full trailblazer and tormenting runes, to maximize sustain at the cost of killing speed (still, his build kills faster than any burn firabrand build). Now, since the tormenting runes have been nerfed if you're seeking similar sustain probably full celestial is a better choice, since you can reach from 80% to 100% permanent regeneration depending on your sigils and food choices.

My personal choice for PvE looks like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmgAUZldQMsGqj5QcsHyj9RksAigju1/TF-zRRYkBbGVvSJzQt3oqjEIkCQ4Dg4agHjf0AiPNA-e

I do prefer Nightmare runes over Tormenting ones and Shiro + Jalis over Kalla + Mallyx; the main reason is that just replacing Corruption 1,3,1 with Retribution 1,3,3 and changing in Kalla "Blood Fury" with "Ashen Demeanor" the build works perfectly in WvW roaming (and I run a very similar build in PvP when I chose a Renebow, but with power stats instead):

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmgAUZlxQHMPqh1ROMO6hRSfMCKgl+1/LF-zZIPlMlA9KECYEUyCQDDA

I still have to check the range of the nerf of the tormenting runes in the game; I only use that ones in two builds: a PvE based condition Herald (full trailblazer) which kills slower than Renegade but is way more tankier and a WvW condition Herald (full trailblazer) which uses hydromancy and venom sigils + Invoking Torment as the main mechanic to inflict conditions in the weapon and legend swaps. That later build is a bit slower but extremely strong in small skirmishes, but after the nerf in the sigil activations and condition runes probably the condi Renegade remains stronger for both PvE and WvW, since the runes are stronger and the sustain depends mostly on positioning, so reducing the life siphoning does very little to hurt his sustain. The main nerf was instead the reduced range of Forced Engagement, since Renebow performs the best at 700-900 range and the reduction of FE to 600 is silly for non mele builds. And for mele builds also: If I want to fight at mele I chose power Herald, and would never replace Glint + Shiro for Jalis in that build.

So: condi Renegade, with Nightmare runes, short bow, viper stats, with either Kalla + Mallyx and Corruption for max damage or Shiro + Jalis and Retribution for survability and all purpose build (PvE, WvW, PvP). Still the best OW builds in the game, bar nothing.

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...