A different take on Virtuoso

Ithilwen.1529

I hesitated to buy EoD and came in with a rather negative view of Virtuoso. Nevertheless, I levelled a new Mesmer and got her enough skill points to max the Virtuoso line.  Since then, I've gotten some play time in the old maps and EoD.

Here is an easy-to-play Shatter Mesmer spec, something I've been wishing for, for years!  I have nerve damage in my left hand and tendon transfers. It's not easy to do multi-button shatter combos such as the classic blink-to-shatter. Virtuoso lacks IP but the 5 blades seem to make up for that. I've found I can actually run Marauder gear and do reasonable damage.

Is this spec likely to do well in PvP or WvW? I don't honestly think so. Too squishy to deal with the super tanks out there and not enough damage.

Does it bring any utilities or any  particular  talent like Chronomancer or Mirage? No...So Chrono or Mirage will be the pick for raids and etc.

Are there bugs? Yes.

Is the spec value-for-money? Yes, in my view. How awesome to finally be able to play as a shatter Mesmer.

My fear is that ANET will nerf it into the ground.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

shatter mesmer isnt exclusive to Virtuoso lol....of the 4 specs core does the highest single target damage with shatter, then goes chrono being able to cycle shatter the best, and mirage being able to sustain while utilizing shatters.

Virtuoso ive fought a few of them in WvW literally one reflect and it took half their hp down and i all did was dodge with evasive mirror lol.

• Like 3

An elite that isn't tied to clones is something I've wanted for a long time.  We got it but it feels half-done.  CMC said on a stream that there will be changes, seemingly in the buff direction.  I don't see how they can nerf it in any way in its current state.  They did nerf the damage in the last beta which was kind of mind boggling.  The only drawback is that we most likely have to wait for quite some time for Virtuoso to be decent in wvw/pvp and open world.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1