Give Power Staff Virtuoso a Try

Jables.4659

On 3/7/2022 at 11:28 AM, koopatroopa.5360 said:

So where is the build? 

Dueling: Phantasmal Fury, Fencer's Finesse, Superiority Complex

Inspiration: Sympathetic Visage, Restorative Illusions, Blurred Inscriptions

Virtuoso: Bladeturn Refrain, Duelist's Reversal, Psychic Riposte

Signet of Ether (or Ether Feast), Blink, Optional, Signet of Midnight, Thousand Cuts (or Mass Invisibility).

I made some changes to the stat spread to increase the armor.

2552 Power, 51.33% Crit Chance, 207.8% Crit Damage, 2450 Armor, 18,092 Health.

Berserker: Head, Staff, 2x Sword, 2x Accessory, 1x ring.

Marauder: Shoulders, Chest, Gloves, Legs, Boots.

Valkyrie: Back

Knights: Amulet, 1x Ring.

6x Superior Rune of Fireworks.

2x Superior Sigil of Energy.

1x Superior Sigil of Cleansing.

1x Superior Sigil of Bloodlust.

8x +5 Power Infusion.

12x +5 Toughness Infusion (effectively 10x since they're in my weapons). 

Potion of Karka Toughness (+150 Toughness).

Peppercorn Crusted Sous-Vide Steak (-10% incoming damage, +100 Power, +70 Ferocity).

5 hours ago, Jables.4659 said:

I'll shamefully admit that I abused the hell out of Staff Sword/Sword power phantasm Mesmer back in 2012.

I played the Staff Sword/Sword Mirage build a lot less.  It was brokenly powerful beyond reason and I felt like a complete scumbag anytime I used it.  That build was responsible for the nerf to offhand sword's might generation. 

Nahh, CP + Bountiful Disillusionment + new phantasms have been the culprit. The phantasm update dropped and it was once more not tested from ANet how it behaves with CP. And then they nerfed every skill and trait with it and the final blow was the one dodge nerf and after that is was dead again.

It often gets totally overseen how the other classes have been able to stack 25 might and other stuff at this time of the game. CI was not even taken back then because other classes have been able to dish out stab, might and what not else in such short intervals. Holo? SB? Boon Beast? FB? Nahh sorry man but considering what other classes have been able to do it was pretty fair game.

It was actually a time where mesmer had one of the highest build variety in the life of gw2. You have been able to play sword focus in PvP because the phantasms have been so good.  

But btw. Offhand might nerf WAS necessary lol. 8x might for 10s was just to massive. Don’t know what you want but the game was  in an all time high in terms of spamablity. That things got turned down was necessary. That they smither booned everything was just not the way to go.  Making mirage staff sword sword “responsible” for a might nerf on off hand sword is far fetched.

Edited by Senqu.8054
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/12/2022 at 6:46 PM, Senqu.8054 said:

But btw. Offhand might nerf WAS necessary lol. 8x might for 10s was just to massive. Don’t know what you want but the game was  in an all time high in terms of spamablity. That things got turned down was necessary. That they smither booned everything was just not the way to go.  Making mirage staff sword sword “responsible” for a might nerf on off hand sword is far fetched.

Its really not farfetched.  Staff Sword/Sword was dominating the spvp meta.  The patch that nerfed offhand sword was directly targeting the things that were used in that build. 

2 hours ago, Jables.4659 said:

Its really not farfetched.  Staff Sword/Sword was dominating the spvp meta.  The patch that nerfed offhand sword was directly targeting the things that were used in that build. 

Chrono was at this time able to double every phantasm with 100% damage. + signet of ether you have been able to spawn 4 phants in a row. But no, mirage was dominating? Nahh, man I remember this a little different. Chrono was able do dish out the double amount of damage compared to mirage. 

Additionally Phantasmal force added 2% damage per stack might. Using offhand sword added 16% damage + 240 power to the build.  So again, it was justified and has nothing to do with mirage in the first place.

• Like 1