Lunt bug

if you are going to re-use an old mission, at least fix the bug

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Protect_Lunt's_fire_from_the_dredge

Notes

This event frequently stops working at some variable after a server reset. Lunt is left holding the bomb that he sells after the event but is no longer selling it. The event is not available until the next reset and the other event of the series is also blocked.
  • Like 2

FYI: There is a somewhat unpleasant workaround to fix that bug. Just lure some skelks from the water to him and try to sidestep their attacks (because they wont target him), so that they hit him until he is dead. After you rez him, it takes about 5min to start the bonfire event. Let the dredge kill him and his bonfire to fail that event. 10min later he starts the flower picking event.

We did that a few minutes ago to unbug him that way. Its an old trick (luring enemies to kill event npc) that already worked years ago with other events.

Alternativly wait for another reset/patch.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2022 at 7:39 PM, doenerfritze.2648 said:

I can confirm that this works.

My skelk did not have to kill him, though. After getting beaten up for a couple of minutes he woke up, said something, and turned into a vendor. After that, the bonfire event spawned. I let it fail. Ten minutes later the flower gathering event spawned and I completed the step in "A Blooming Errand."