Maximizing Fishing Power?

Max out your fishing mastery for additional fishing power per tier, including one that gives you even more power when you've eaten a food. In regards to food, this one gives you fishing power while also being cost-effective if you're going to be fishing a lot. You can also use high tier amber lures and specific baits with higher fishing power stats. Lastly, if you've maxxed out your Skiff, you can fish in a party with others to get further power buffs.

According to the description it is automatically consumed and you only can buy it at that vendor - so you can't store them up in the inventory but need to go back there to buy another one if you need it (and having the heart done at that day).

They also seem not to stack in duration (not possible to buy a few at once). Wiki says it is a "unique" boon. Should stack with the food buff. (At least it won't overried food buff and remove it.)

Edited by Luthan.5236

As already mentioned there are a few buffs, consumables, baits, tackles and so on.

With the mastery points it is no problem to maintain fishing power over 500 and possibly up to 900+.

I reccommend this guide as it was quite a work to get the information and is the best overview i saw.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/t7qc8h/end_of_dragons_fishing_sheet_kinda_spoilers/

Edited by Astelo.1895
grammar
  • Like 1

Rod: +25

Lure +100 (Amber from Arborstone or Jade from Dragon's End)

Bait +150 (Mackerel only so rarely doable) or +100 

Full mastery +100

Best food +150 (check fish food on the wiki)

"Fishing on a full tank" mastery for having a food buff +100

"Tips of fishing" from Renown Heart in SE Seitung +50

Fishing party +300 (you need 99 stacks, or 99 fish caught with the party)

In total it is possible to reach 975% Fishing power

Generally a good fish character will have 625 at the start of fishing since the Fishing party buff isn't built up, you will use normal bait nor Mackerel, and you probably won't take Tips of fishing since it is a drag to get. This will then build up to 875 throughout a fishing session (full Fishing party buff)

Hope this is a good overview!

• Like 1

So, I've been fishing at 575 (no party buff or Tips of Fishing) and not having any real problem reeling in anything. It's just getting the right fish to bite when I need it! I spent 3 hours working on the Kryta Lake Quagmire Eel which apparently only comes out at night, and still naught.

My query is... What does getting a 975 rating do? I assume it just makes the reel in time quicker?

If a fish description states "bait: any", then we're just stuck with the RNG, right?

I don't mind catching low level fish, because I can at least convert to higher level cuts for the ascended recipes, but it get frustrating to be stuck on one bloody fish to finish off an achievement!

3 hours ago, Drakor.9127 said:

So, I've been fishing at 575 (no party buff or Tips of Fishing) and not having any real problem reeling in anything. It's just getting the right fish to bite when I need it! I spent 3 hours working on the Kryta Lake Quagmire Eel which apparently only comes out at night, and still naught.

My query is... What does getting a 975 rating do? I assume it just makes the reel in time quicker?

If a fish description states "bait: any", then we're just stuck with the RNG, right?

I don't mind catching low level fish, because I can at least convert to higher level cuts for the ascended recipes, but it get frustrating to be stuck on one bloody fish to finish off an achievement!

Fishing Power increases the chance to catch a fish of higher rarity, and increases the size of your marker when fighting fish.

8 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Fishing Power increases the chance to catch a fish of higher rarity, and increases the size of your marker when fighting fish.

I didn't realize it actually helps get higher rarity fish! Thanks!

Still, me thinks RNG is pretty screwy...

I was fishing  in Amnoon with Scorpion bait for the night-time exotic, but caught both of the day-time ascended/any bait!