[Video] Fresh Air Weaver Guide

Rednaxela.6018

@ApaWanka.2698 said:Thank you for the video! Really helpfull and it shows the capabilities os a dps Ele.

(For me) the damage of fresh air weaver is bigger than core, but i feel that the survability is smaller.... after see the video,maybe is fair to give it another try x)

You´re welcome.Yes, i had the same feeling that core fresh air has more survivabillity, but the weaver burst is insane, so this is my way to go :D

Fresh air weaver (air/water/weaver) should be compared to fresh air core ele (water/arcana/air). It comes down to this:

Fresh air core ele is better vs. physical damage burst builds, which is generally the biggest issue for ele, and harder to play around b/c those builds often have stealth and the ability to pick when to open on you. They have a tougher time vs. most condition burst builds, but those builds tend to allow you to use positioning to play around them. However, this builds really struggle vs. s/d condi thieves and mirages that can burst insane condis and then evade/stealth all your counter-pressure.

Fresh air weaver does better against high condi pressure, because you can quickly double-air swap to cure condis, and twist of fate also cures condis. You actually give up the ability to effectively counter-pressure burst builds, or to quickly access your defenses, so this build does worse vs. physical burst builds.

I tried fresh air weaver last season for a long time, and I did way better once I swapped to core fresh air. Perhaps with the rise of mirage cancer, fresh air weaver will be superior, but it does justt play more clunky overall.

@Rednaxela.6018 said:

@Razor.6392 said:Isn't Lightning Rod better?

You cant double attune to air and burst your enemy, if you take Lightning Rod over Fresh Air. Lightning Rod is pretty good as Sword/X Weaver but not recommended for Scepter Ele.

Yeah but that's like, an additional 1.5-2k through static discharge (and 250 fero bonus)

Earth / air dual skill, comet, gale, tailored victory and shocking aura (trait) are very solid cc's that give you extra weakness application for additional crit chance in the weaver line. I'd say the burst is even better, and keeps a more cohesive rotation instead of having to switch to air everytime (leaving you in odd spots like air / fire after plasma beam is down, or anything water /air).

I find Fresh Air weaver with arcane is viable, sacrifice heals, condi remove and easier access to earth 4,5 in exchange for significant increase in damage.

I dont see the point of taking water instead of arcane tho, can someone enlighten me ?Sure water line is great for sustain and synergises with condi cleanses along with weaver line, but were too squishy to make it count.an extra few condi cleanses and heal on water swap doesnt make the difference, while a core fresh air would deal basically the same damage but has immediate access to earth 4,5 (which already is worth it), plus phoenix, water trident while having arcane line which is honestly too good (Elemental Surge, perma fury, extra arcane shield, vigor).

@Razor.6392 said:

@Rednaxela.6018 said:

@Razor.6392 said:Isn't Lightning Rod better?

You cant double attune to air and burst your enemy, if you take Lightning Rod over Fresh Air. Lightning Rod is pretty good as Sword/X Weaver but not recommended for Scepter Ele.

Yeah but that's like, an additional 1.5-2k through static discharge (and 250 fero bonus)

Earth / air dual skill, comet, gale, tailored victory and shocking aura (trait) are very solid cc's that give you extra weakness application for additional crit chance in the weaver line. I'd say the burst is even better, and keeps a more cohesive rotation instead of having to switch to air everytime (leaving you in odd spots like air / fire after plasma beam is down, or anything water /air).

Yes Static discharge is about 1.5-2.5k plus fero bonus (about 17% crit dmg) and you can trigger it every 3.5 seconds 2 times.-> 2 x Static discharge ( 1,5-2,5k) + Lightning Strike (up to 3-5k) + any other skill + arcane blast if ready = atleast 6k - 10k dps every 3.5 seconds just from lightning.If you play ligjhtning rod this would be impossible. Also every burst does 10% less damage because of Elements of Rage. Without being able to use fresh air, you are to slow to proc it early enough.

@Shooka.9712 said:I find Fresh Air weaver with arcane is viable, sacrifice heals, condi remove and easier access to earth 4,5 in exchange for significant increase in damage.

I dont see the point of taking water instead of arcane tho, can someone enlighten me ?Sure water line is great for sustain and synergises with condi cleanses along with weaver line, but were too squishy to make it count.an extra few condi cleanses and heal on water swap doesnt make the difference, while a core fresh air would deal basically the same damage but has immediate access to earth 4,5 (which already is worth it), plus phoenix, water trident while having arcane line which is honestly too good (Elemental Surge, perma fury, extra arcane shield, vigor).

I agree that weaver with arcane is more viable then with water. I just mentioned another possible build, if people need more condition removals.But i think the way to go is Arcane Fresh Air weaver.

What's your standard burst rotation?

On lightning rod I open while being attuned to air / earth and then use in this order:

(Assuming enemy is at 700-900 range)

1. Arcane Blast
  2. Earthen synergy (early cast)
  3. Lightning Strike
  4. attune to fire / air
  5. Plasma Beam
  6. Another arcane blast

The problem with FA, as previously mentioned, is that I can imagine it leaves you in undesired rotations, namely the constant air / air.

@Razor.6392 said:What's your standard burst rotation?

On lightning rod I open while being attuned to air / earth and then use in this order:

1. Arcane Blast
  3. Lightning Strike
  4. attune to fire / air
  5. Plasma Beam
  6. Another arcane blast

The problem with FA, as previously mentioned, is that I can imagine it leaves you in undesired rotations, namely the constant air / air.

Well my standard burst on FA is:Starting on fire/air

1. arcane Blast
  2. Plasma Beam
  3. Air attunement
  4. Lightning Strike
  5. air attunement
  6. arcane blast

But of course you can do your burst rotation as fresh air, too. The only thing is that you can add 2 more static discharges.

To be honest i had some problems with "undesired rotations" at the beginning, but if you practice a bit, it is pretty enjoyable.Especially the fresh air trait is really usefull to get the skill you want.I mean you can probably get access to every skill (1,2,4,5) of any attunement within 1 second if you have no cooldown on your attunements.For example: You want earth 5, invul, and you stuck in air/air: switch to earth (main hand) and instantly crit (arcane blast or auto attack..) so fresh air procs and you are able to atune to air. Earth gonna switch from main hand to off hand and you can use Obsidian flesh.Another + for fresh air is nearly 100% superspeed uptime <3

@Rednaxela.6018 said:

@Razor.6392 said:What's your standard burst rotation?

1. Arcane Blast
  3. Lightning Strike
  4. attune to fire / air
  5. Plasma Beam
  6. Another arcane blast

Well my standard burst on FA is:Starting on fire/air
  1. arcane Blast
  2. Plasma Beam
  3. Air attunement
  4. Lightning Strike
  5. air attunement
  6. arcane blast

But of course you can do your burst rotation as fresh air, too. The only thing is that you can add 2 more static discharges.

To be honest i had some problems with "undesired rotations" at the beginning, but if you practice a bit, it is pretty enjoyable.Especially the fresh air trait is really usefull to get the skill you want.I mean you can probably get access to every skill (1,2,4,5) of any attunement within 1 second if you have no cooldown on your attunements.
For example: You want earth 5, invul, and you stuck in air/air: switch to earth (main hand) and instantly crit (arcane blast or auto attack..) so fresh air procs and you are able to atune to air. Earth gonna switch from main hand to off hand and you can use Obsidian flesh.
Another + for fresh air is nearly 100% superspeed uptime <3

I didn't think of this lol. That's actually really useful.

Archived