Despise what mes invaders say Virt is not fine.

Lincolnbeard.1735

On 3/10/2022 at 9:13 AM, Skyroar.2974 said:

Virtuoso has a lot of problems, but it still has an interesting theme and playstyle and visual effects behind it, which is more than what can be said about half of the rushed elite specs this expansion has to offer.

The playstyle is barely any different than core mesmer, especially compared to other especs like necro to reaper or scourge, or engineer to holosmith.

Visual effects are quite pretty yes.

Having an interesting theme is worthless if the theme is poorly executed, as it was. If anything I rather have a dull, well executed theme than an interesting but poorly developed one. An interesting theme that's not explored properly will just leave people wanting and wondering on what could have been.

And most importantly, the fact that other e-specs in the expansion are kitten doesn't make virtuoso any less kitten. I have tried a number of the other e-specs during the betas and found them severely lacking too, but that sure as hell didn't make me feel any better about virtuoso, it just made me feel worse about the game as a whole.

4 hours ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

There's a boss on the story named Mindblade. 

It would be way better than virtuoso but again they needed to cater to the bard'esque trope fans too. 

Well maybe the next one will be for them...  Imagine that the next specialization is called "Bard" literally but plays an electronic guitar with a battery on his back or an energy container connected to the guitar that must be recharged regularly in order to use its skills or mechanic skills. 😁   I would like to watch the reaction of bard lovers/fans if they release something like that.  Maybe with a  heavy metal or steampunk  animations.  😱🤭 Now with the jade technology and mixing professions who knows...