Had anyone ran a comparison between Marauder vs Dragon?

angrax.1372

Has anyone run a comparison of marauder gear vs dragon gear in respect to damage output? Both run Pow, Prec, Bit and Fer, but Dragon's focus more on Ferocity instead of Precision. I think, and I have to double check, a mirage build has plenty of access to fury, so maybe the crit chance will not suffer much and we will see bigger numbers with Ferocity?

I am running Vallun's Power Mirage build and I am enjoying it very well. I don't even have ascended armor yet, just the weapons, trinkets etc. Running Zerker's for everything but the trinkets because I borrowed them from another character that runs on celestial. I have no issues with survivability after specing on the traits for more heals and clone generation. I was playing a more aggressive build but that exposed me a lot as I could not generate clones quick enough in tight situations (and also the heal per clone was cut in half).

However, maybe if I spec for more vitality, I can switch some of the traits for more damage? Or is it better to just keep it as is and simply go full zerker?

Edited by angrax.1372

Sigil of Bloodlust, 15 precise infusions, Accuracy sigil, Sigil of night, Curry Butternt Squash, Furious sharpening stone

Marauder:

Power - 2668
Precision - 75,71%
Ferocity - 227,4%
Vitality - 22252

Dragon:

Power - 2652
Precision - 50%
Ferocity - 262,33%
Vitality - 22252

Berserker:

Power - 2870
Precision - 65,62%
Ferocity - 244,67%
Vitality - 15922

Assassin:

Power - 2462
Precision - 85,62%
Ferocity - 245,47%
Vitality - 15922

The numbers are with Scholar runes.

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Given the numbers and the difference between Precision and Ferocity, marauder is better.

Marauder: 227.4% * 75.71% = 172%

Dragon: 262.33% * 50% = 131%

With Fury:

Marauder: 227.4% * 95.71% = 217%

Dragon: 262.33% * 70% = 183%

EDIT: Dragon gear above was adding 25% for furry for a total of 75% instead of the correct 70%.

So power remaining the same (or close to the same) the output of Marauder is superior.

Dragon would only be better if you over buff Marauder above 100% and Dragon could get you closer to 100% because anything above 100% chance is wasted.

Edited by angrax.1372
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, angrax.1372 said:

Now. I .curious if Marauder with more crit chance but lower power is better than zerker with higher power but lower crit chance...

In Marauder vs Berserker, berserker is always better because it doesn't spread stats to vitality.

I believe someone calculated about 20% difference, you lose 20% dps going Marauder, which isn't much and you get the helpful vitality, but when sheer numbers are concerned, Berserker does more damage.

1 hour ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

In Marauder vs Berserker, berserker is always better because it doesn't spread stats to vitality.

I believe someone calculated about 20% difference, you lose 20% dps going Marauder, which isn't much and you get the helpful vitality, but when sheer numbers are concerned, Berserker does more damage.

It depends on the profession.  When I calculated it out, Marauder does 91.4% of the damage of berserker.  This was done without infusions or food, though.  I say it is profession dependent, because there are professions that are able to easily exceed the crit cap on Marauder, and the amount of extra ferocity and extra power can really shift the favor in one direction or the other.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

It depends on the profession.  When I calculated it out, Marauder does 91.4% of the damage of berserker.  This was done without infusions or food, though.  I say it is profession dependent, because there are professions that are able to easily exceed the crit cap on Marauder, and the amount of extra ferocity and extra power can really shift the favor in one direction or the other.  

Yeah, true, some have more passive crit from traits and stuff than others.

Still, for mesmer, i think Berserker/Assassin's with crit at 70% does most damage.

You cap at 100% with fury, the rest goes into ferocity and power.

• Like 1