End of Dragons and the masterful implementation of difficulty progression

11 hours ago, Pyriel.4370 said:

Read the first paragraph of their post and the OPs second post acknowledging that they glossed over some parts of EoD. Also to really judge EoD you need to compare and contrast, not doing so is completely insane. I would also like to point out that because you like one aspect of a design philosophy, doesn’t mean the whole package is as good as the OP post states.

The lack of awareness in the above statement also shows the OP is making the above praise either by ignorance or wilfully disregarding that the DE meta and strike required for the turtle do in fact need raid builds currently. Never mind doing strikes themselves.

I never said that EoD is perfect. I explicitly said that I want to focus on one aspect about EoD that's truly outstanding. You're also wrong about both the meta event and the strike mission needing raid builds. That's just wrong. People estimated that you need ~7k DPS at the meta event. With all the boons you receive, any at least decent build will do. You should at least be able to expect that people care to spend at least 10 minutes to read their traits and what their stats do. The strike mission doesn't even have a timer. As long as you have some kind of decent heal there, you can beat said strike mission even with very scuffed builds.

8 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

There was a ton of mechanics in the finale of the Jade Sea meta that wasn't in events used leading up to it.

HoT's lanes had tons of mechanics and tasks that were mostly about movement and focusing targets that helped you build up to the final confrontation.

This expansion was soured by the poor pacing of this one meta.

That's just wrong. The only newly introduced mechanic at Soo Won are greens - the rest of the mechanics were used prior to that fight including other EoD meta events.

• Confused 1

On 3/14/2022 at 8:42 PM, Kaliwenda.3428 said:

I just did the Echovald meta this afternoon, I happened along right before it started and someone was setting up food and banners at the start point.

I'm new to the zone so part of it was still unexplored for me, but I was able to get to a couple of the red zones before the last parts in the junkyard.

The end felt like pure chaos...so much visual noise going on that I had no idea what it was trying to teach me but I did see someone say something in map chat about standing in white circles after a bunch of us got clobbered. Still it was very hard to tell what was going on and hard to tell what the NPC was shouting about in the midst of all the combat noises.

I pretty much followed everybody else when the last thing moved from place to place, got stomped a few more times but made it thru to the end (glad that's over).

Dragon's End is like this but dialed up to 11? And takes two hours to complete?

Hoo boy, not looking forward to that at all.

Yup. It's what I've been saying. It's one thing to say "Dodge!", it's another thing entirely to know when to dodge with so much visual noise. And, with everything happening all at once, for me anyways, everything starts to shudder. My skills take a second or two, at times, to actually trigger. Same with dodging. By the time it finally triggers, I'm usually dead or dying.

1 hour ago, Raizel.8175 said:

I never said that EoD is perfect. I explicitly said that I want to focus on one aspect about EoD that's truly outstanding. You're also wrong about both the meta event and the strike mission needing raid builds. That's just wrong. People estimated that you need ~7k DPS at the meta event. With all the boons you receive, any at least decent build will do. You should at least be able to expect that people care to spend at least 10 minutes to read their traits and what their stats do. The strike mission doesn't even have a timer. As long as you have some kind of decent heal there, you can beat said strike mission even with very scuffed builds.

10 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Erm nope. My only successful attempt at the DE meta was set up like a raid, had alacrity, healing and quickness builds front and centre. Also TONS of the organised groups request somewhat meta builds, stacking contribution, food, utility and jade bot buffs. Strikes also benefit from raid builds. The no timer aspect doesn’t absolve you from wiping or taking hours that you don’t have and you can’t just rely on healers. 

Edited by Pyriel.4370
  • Like 1