We haven't had a significant balance patch Since Feb 2020

jul.7602

2 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

We have lost too many things as it is and yet people are still pulling stuff from mesmers lol.

I'm not complaining about Mesmer. I'm making the point that ANet doesn't have any "rules" by exemplifying removal of an instant ranged CC from one thing while allowing another to keep it, despite their claim being CC's shouldn't be instant.

But oh how I just loathe people who act like their main is the red headed step child. 
Boo hoo, woe is me! ANet never makes bad decisions when changing other classes, only mine!

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Shroud.2307 said:

I'm not complaining about Mesmer. I'm making the point that ANet doesn't have any "rules" by exemplifying removal of an instant ranged CC from one thing while allowing another to keep it, despite their claim being CC's shouldn't be instant.

But oh how I just loathe people who act like their main is the red headed step child. 
Boo hoo, woe is me! ANet never makes bad decisions when changing other classes, only mine!

I mean this was obvious when they nerfed Mesmer's Phantasm and clones because they want to "remove AI" from the equation. Yet they released untamed and mech. 

Yet there are people in forum I wont say who blindly defends "developer's vision" w/e that is but we as players see the hypocrisies in their balance patches. 

4 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Yet there are people in forum I wont say who blindly defends "developer's vision"

I absolutely assure you I am not one of those.

I think as a whole, balance isn't terrible. The game has been in a much worse state in the past, and as everything is right now, it's alright. There's a good amount of diversity in classes and builds, comparative to when a lot more specs were practically unsuable.

But speaking strictly class specific balance, I've recently convinced myself that they make changes for the sake of theme and not because they have some unsaid rules that classes need to adhere to. The "theme" of Mesmer isn't about AI, it's about being a magician. 
What ever that means to ANet is anyone's guess, but you can read my little rant about some of it here if you want to.

• Thanks 1