EoD could have used some smaller group content

I'm trying to get my friends (about 8 of us) back to GW2 for EoD and realized that outside of the story missions themselves, there isn't any new group content we could work on as a team. We did low level fractals before the expansion, and it was okay, but any time you want to cycle a new person in you're back to square one due to Agony. Maybe if there were new fractals I could get them interested... but alas. I am SO SAD dungeons were utterly abandoned years ago. None of us have any interest in pugging strike missions. If the strikes could scale, it'd be perfect... but they don't. I know people have opinions on those who don't PUG, cool. I save the working with randoms for open world content (which apparently even that is an issue now lol). Trying to hype up the new EoD content and all I got is..... group fishing lol. 

Beautiful areas, loved the story, but it's hard to draw tight knit groups back to this when there's not a whole lot of new group content. This isn't to detract from those wanting new raids, they should add new raids too. It's just weird to 100% abandon dungeons and standard group content.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Dean.3056 said:

After they released their open world PVE content and made the casual happy with their fishing rod they should focus on instance content and not strikes but raids.

Unless Arenanet adds a normal mode (and maybe even an easy mode), Raids aren't worth the resources spent for creating them. The player participation in the current hard modes is far too low.

Strike Missions are cheaper to make, that's why Arenanet chose Strike Missions over Raids.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Dean.3056 said:

After they released their open world PVE content and made the casual happy with their fishing rod they should focus on instance content and not strikes but raids.

When you literally don't read the second paragraph but absolutely have to respond.  👍

• Like 1