Disable Gliding

20 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

You cannot.  Feature does not exist.  Please use forums search for many other threads on this topic.

I am sorry. I have a disability and cannot use the space bar like most people, so my jump is bound to scroll wheel.  It is very hard for me to enjoy this game when I cannot control my gliding. I did not mean to upset you, but like you said their are many requests and I just wanted to add my voice to the list of people asking for this. It would help me greatly and it would not inconvenience other players at all.  I am sorry to have caused you anger. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Shade.1254 said:

I am sorry. I have a disability and cannot use the space bar like most people, so my jump is bound to scroll wheel.  It is very hard for me to enjoy this game when I cannot control my gliding. I did not mean to upset you, but like you said their are many requests and I just wanted to add my voice to the list of people asking for this. It would help me greatly and it would not inconvenience other players at all.  I am sorry to have caused you anger. 

Don't worry! It was not meant as to sound like that, I'm sure. Plus you already said  

21 hours ago, Shade.1254 said:

This feature has been requested for many years now so I am hoping the new xpac includes this feature.

It's not a "wrong thing" to ask for. I can totaly understand that something as slight as a single mouse wheel turn, is hard. I press my jump way to often when I don't need too. But the answers you got are true. You can't unbind the key or reassign.  I agree though that this is something to be looked at.

If it is mostly for something like jp's or the like, you can always ask for help.  Only other thing I can think of (and in no way have tried or anything) doesn't you mouse or computer itself have mouse settings? Don't know if they would work ingame. But you could try.

Edited by SandraSolace.7682
  • Like 2

Given players have been asking for this since HoT was released and introduced gliding to the game and Anet haven't changed it I think it's unlikely they will anytime soon.

On that basis it might be worth thinking about whether there's another button you could bind jump to, so it's easier to press it just once when you don't want to glide.

Alternatively see if you can adjust your mouse settings to help. Windows settings are a bit limited because they apply to everything, but some mice have their own software which allows for profiles for different programs or games so it might be possible to set it up so scrolling is less sensitive while GW2 is running.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1