Fishing: Blue Dorado wrong Time of Day?

In the hint for the Blue Dorado in the Kaineng Fisher achievement it says "Time of Day: Nighttime". I fished for more than 3 hours at nighttime in New Kaineng at the Coastal Fish Holes and didn't catch it. I then tried it once at dawn and caught it instantly. So I guess the hint is wrong and should be "Dusk/Dawn". 

4 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

I noticed there's always some overlap, i.e. dusk/dawn will extend a little into day or night, and vice-versa. So stay just a couple of minutes longer or go early.

Okay, but how high is the possibility of catching 2 legendary fish, ~6 ascendet fish and 20 or so rares in 3 hours fishing for the Dorado at night, but no Blue Dorado (exotic)? >.< And then around 1 minute into being Dawn I catch the Blue Dorado? And I never overlapped with Dusk/Dawn before that moment while fishing for that specific fish.

Like, I caught legendary fish in 2 tries of matching all the prerequisites, but can't catch the Dorado for so long?

But I guess it's possible that I was just really really unlucky. >.<

59 minutes ago, Mary.8245 said:

Okay, but how high is the possibility of catching 2 legendary fish, ~6 ascendet fish and 20 or so rares in 3 hours fishing for the Dorado at night, but no Blue Dorado (exotic)? >.< And then around 1 minute into being Dawn I catch the Blue Dorado? And I never overlapped with Dusk/Dawn before that moment while fishing for that specific fish.

Like, I caught legendary fish in 2 tries of matching all the prerequisites, but can't catch the Dorado for so long?

But I guess it's possible that I was just really really unlucky. >.<

I was unlucky with that fish, too. The times I have ended my unlucky run is when I complained humorously in map chat about missing the [insert name of fish here]. Then I would catch it within 5 catches.

My superstition is: say something like "I bet the [name of fish here] doesn't exist" in map chat. Lo, you will be rewarded.

2 minutes ago, Hesione.9412 said:

I was unlucky with that fish, too. The times I have ended my unlucky run is when I complained humorously in map chat about missing the [insert name of fish here]. Then I would catch it within 5 catches.

My superstition is: say something like "I bet the [name of fish here] doesn't exist" in map chat. Lo, you will be rewarded.

I did post exactly that into my guild chat around 10 minutes before catching it. So maybe that actually is the trick. xD

• Like 1

This Fishing Achievement is just broken, plain and simple!

I get on the right time, right bait, and max power(after 99 trash casts) and still get jack for my trouble! They stated the higher power will bring more rare fish, but that's just not true!

A 5 minute window is just ridiculous! 3 hours hunting one kitten fish is ridiculous! 

Then the Strange Diet achievement being broken just goes to show how little the devs really care!

I could see if the end goal was a Legendary weapon or piece of armor, but it's just a glow-stick skin!

Hangin up the rod and reel and going back to HoT maps where I get rewarded fairly for my time!