Willbender's shadowstep - Bug or My Screw-Up?

LLW.2048

The other day, some friends and I were going through "A Grisly Shipment".  I've just started my guardian on willbender, and I'm still getting a feel for the new abilities.  Right after we'd boarded the ark, I finished one opponent and tried moving to the next one when I suddenly found myself below decks in the middle of an undead horde.

I'd hit key 5 for Advancing Strike, which if I'm reading it correctly should have moved me to the next closest opponent on the top deck.  I'm now wondering if the shadowstep component of that skill just looked for the biggest group of opponents (which would have been below decks) and bounced me there instead.

Has anyone else seen this on multi-layer encounters, or did I just screw up somehow?

On 3/21/2022 at 2:10 PM, LLW.2048 said:

The other day, some friends and I were going through "A Grisly Shipment".  I've just started my guardian on willbender, and I'm still getting a feel for the new abilities.  Right after we'd boarded the ark, I finished one opponent and tried moving to the next one when I suddenly found myself below decks in the middle of an undead horde.

I'd hit key 5 for Advancing Strike, which if I'm reading it correctly should have moved me to the next closest opponent on the top deck.  I'm now wondering if the shadowstep component of that skill just looked for the biggest group of opponents (which would have been below decks) and bounced me there instead.

Has anyone else seen this on multi-layer encounters, or did I just screw up somehow?

We call that a happy coincidence. Not a bug but funny for sure