2-3 year old tutorial achievement bugs, listed even by the official wiki - The perfect type of advertisement for Steam release?

The achievement "beginner experience collection" lists 5 boxes and 5 items obtained from said boxes which need to be equipped on your character
- Enhanced Mighty Helm

- Enhanced Mighty Chestpiece

- Enhanced Mighty Gloves

- Enhanced Mighty Leggings

- Enhanced Mighty Boots

There are multiple bugs with the Tutorial Mastery achievements if you already had lvl 80 characters when these achievements were introduced, but for the sake of the argument, i will just assume that the system is telling me correctly that i obtained all 5 of these boxes, BUT never equipped the items contained within.
So today i made a level 1 character, thinking im going to finish them up. I in fact did manage to finish up all steps except for these chests, then i decided to /wiki them cause i got level 9 without getting any of them, assuming im doing something wrong or that they drop from a specific source. As it turns out:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Enhanced_Mighty_Helm
The drop rate is significantly reduced if the item has already been acquired and the contents were never equipped.[1]

Thus, by pointed out in 2+ year old threads: if for any reason, one forgets to open those boxes and actually equip the gear, each box becomes legendary loot with reports of 30+ hours of unsuccessful farming and a requirement to stay below lvl 10.
Same interesting problem with tutorial exploration achievements: If your chars already explored the associated area, the achievement is stuck and cannot be completed.

Discussing this with my friends, the question came up that maybe this is intended to prevent old players who were playing before the tutorial system, from obtaining the achievement rewards, such as the couple of boosters, dyes and a 2 week pass of magisters terrace.
I expressed my skepticism in regards of this because it would be INCREDIBLY petty for one and for another, it screams anti player sentiments from hundreds of miles away.
Regardless its a possibility, but one way or another: its probably not a positive advertisement when the official wiki is littered with X year old bugs, potentially cause of an uncle Mc.Scrooge in the dev team who feels emotionally hurt over players obtaining 2 week long demo items and a few dyes which btw run for 10 copper a piece on the in game market.
Its not good looks.

Edited by Aerensiniac.3584
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Aerensiniac.3584 said:

The achievement "beginner experience collection" lists 5 boxes and 5 items obtained from said boxes which need to be equipped on your character
- Enhanced Mighty Helm

- Enhanced Mighty Chestpiece

- Enhanced Mighty Gloves

- Enhanced Mighty Leggings

- Enhanced Mighty Boots

There are multiple bugs with the Tutorial Mastery achievements if you already had lvl 80 characters when these achievements were introduced, but for the sake of the argument, i will just assume that the system is telling me correctly that i obtained all 5 of these boxes, BUT never equipped the items contained within.
So today i made a level 1 character, thinking im going to finish them up. I in fact did manage to finish up all steps except for these chests, then i decided to /wiki them cause i got level 9 without getting any of them, assuming im doing something wrong or that they drop from a specific source. As it turns out:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Enhanced_Mighty_Helm
The drop rate is significantly reduced if the item has already been acquired and the contents were never equipped.[1]

Thus, by pointed out in 2+ year old threads: if for any reason, one forgets to open those boxes and actually equip the gear, each box becomes legendary loot with reports of 30+ hours of unsuccessful farming and a requirement to stay below lvl 10.
Same interesting problem with tutorial exploration achievements: If your chars already explored the associated area, the achievement is stuck and cannot be completed.

Discussing this with my friends, the question came up that maybe this is intended to prevent old players who were playing before the tutorial system, from obtaining the achievement rewards, such as the couple of boosters, dyes and a 2 week pass of magisters terrace.
I expressed my skepticism in regards of this because it would be INCREDIBLY petty for one and for another, it screams anti player sentiments from hundreds of miles away.
Regardless its a possibility, but one way or another: its probably not a positive advertisement when the official wiki is littered with X year old bugs, potentially cause of an uncle Mc.Scrooge in the dev team who feels emotionally hurt over players obtaining 2 week long demo items and a few dyes which btw run for 10 copper a piece on the in game market.
Its not good looks.

You can get them while downleveled to 10 or below as a level 8 as well, thats how I got mine.

But it sure is miniscule drop chance on them.

• Like 1