Celestial Untamed?

Dezember.1295

Hello!

For ranger in general, I adore soulbeast - more specifically cele or condi soulbeast. I knew all along that untamed would never "feel" better than SB for me, no matter how it performed, as I already loved the very concept of SB.

However, of course I wanted to at least try it out a bit... And so I did - I tried Untamed with full zerker armor, but I was bored rather quickly. I tried it with celestial gear and (unsurprisingly) found that my survival was much better while the damage was more than decent enough, but I couldn't really figure out what kind of weapons to run a part from the shortbow.

Sooo... Regarding condi/cele untamed for OW exclusively - has anyone got any ideas that I could try out for fun? :] Anything from pets to weapon/gear setups. I am just really not feeling the zerker-vibes right now, but would love to try untamed a little bit more before benching it for SB. :']

These are just early experiences.

I would use axe/torch (or dagger) as the main weapon alongside shortbow. Axe ambush is by far the strongest and I would use the ambush only on axe.

Traitwise I use the usual condi setup (wilderness survival and skirmish). As utilities I use the cantrip cc-mushroom and survival skills, also for heal and elite.

The pets can be a flavor choice in open world. This build is very potent there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Chrolo.8536 said:

These are just early experiences.

I would use axe/torch (or dagger) as the main weapon alongside shortbow. Axe ambush is by far the strongest and I would use the ambush only on axe.

Traitwise I use the usual condi setup (wilderness survival and skirmish). As utilities I use the cantrip cc-mushroom and survival skills, also for heal and elite.

The pets can be a flavor choice in open world. This build is very potent there.

Thank you very much! I'll give the axe/torch/dagger a try c:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am currently playing a bleed focused condition untamed basically utilizing fervent force and quick draw to reduce my cooldowns as often as possible and it is kind of a beast of a build.

I have to be honest though, if it wasn't for fervent force I probably wouldn't have any reason to play untamed over other specs, but that trait makes it a very fun playstyle for condi..  for power I don't know if I like the spec.  The unleash mechanic is kind of fun but ultimately leads to buttons spam.  I pretty much sit in Ranger unleashed to get Quickness from ccs, then when ambush procs ill unleash, spam all pet attacks, then unleash again and use ambush skill.  Kind of fun but not overly satisfying.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 10:03 PM, Dezember.1295 said:

Hello!

For ranger in general, I adore soulbeast - more specifically cele or condi soulbeast. I knew all along that untamed would never "feel" better than SB for me, no matter how it performed, as I already loved the very concept of SB.

However, of course I wanted to at least try it out a bit... And so I did - I tried Untamed with full zerker armor, but I was bored rather quickly. I tried it with celestial gear and (unsurprisingly) found that my survival was much better while the damage was more than decent enough, but I couldn't really figure out what kind of weapons to run a part from the shortbow.

Sooo... Regarding condi/cele untamed for OW exclusively - has anyone got any ideas that I could try out for fun? :] Anything from pets to weapon/gear setups. I am just really not feeling the zerker-vibes right now, but would love to try untamed a little bit more before benching it for SB. :']

Check out Paper Roll's channel on YouTube.  His main is now a Celestial Untamed (uses a few pieces of Dire gear too) and the build is actually really really strong.  Directing you to the channel instead of posting the build because he deserves the views on it and because the class can be a bit tricky to play and his explanations on his choices are very valuable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GrayHawk.7560 said:

Check out Paper Roll's channel on YouTube.  His main is now a Celestial Untamed (uses a few pieces of Dire gear too) and the build is actually really really strong.  Directing you to the channel instead of posting the build because he deserves the views on it and because the class can be a bit tricky to play and his explanations on his choices are very valuable.

Thanks for the recommendation. I did give his channel a peek and his build is indeed impressive.

... The choice of music though? X] Instantly muted haha. :]

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Power untamed armor weapons and one earring marauder. rest berserker  for power precision and ferocity. I hope they up the dps for it a lot tells me in fractals its low. However i like my build because its powerful yet gives me 24k hp. Weapons are long bow and hammer.

Edited by Kaenaydar.5631
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1