Why is Dragonhunter the most oppressive class in sPvP?

DEL.9468

Honestly, there's a joke to be made that the only class in the game that worships the gods has the health bar of an asthmatic and exclusively relies on horrible gimmicks to stay alive. At least a D&D Cleric or Paladin can fight without cowering behind a magical barrier.

Edit 2: Removed the poorly structured joke because the punchline failed.

Edited by Lost Elegy.9276
  • Confused 2

38 minutes ago, Lost Elegy.9276 said:

Honestly, asking for Trapper Rune nerfs is pointless. The tiny team of developers in charge of releasing the bi-yearly PvP updates is led by a dev who has over 90% of his sPvP games on Guardian. The dude won't let his favorite meme build die. The fact that Guardian has nothing but cheesy garbage for builds in sPvP is... *Puts on tinfoil hat* ... clearly intentional at this point. None of Guardian's builds have ever been enjoyable to fight. They excel at being obnoxious garbage.

1) Support Guard, or MediGuard as we used to call it, was always frustrating to fight. They didn't kill anyone, but if they wanted to revive someone, there was NOTHING you could do to stop them. After Firebrand got added, and the rework to staff, this just got exponentially worse. Only absurd core power creep and nerfs to firebrand got us to where we are no. AND NO ONE IS HAPPY.

2) Burn Guards. These toxic piles of sludge masquerading as humans managed to find and pilot a build centered exclusively around low effort, high reward burst that is more ape-brained than dual axe warriors. All of this while simultaneously having high block uptime and a short burst of teleports to keep up with less optimized builds. The elite strapped onto it has changed with the balance patch, but the same braindead playstyle remains. Mash all buttons that cause burn. If they don't cleanse within 2-3 seconds, they instantly die. If they cleanse, simply press the funny button that makes you invulnerable and ping your minimap so your team can come to finish what you started. If your team leaves you to die, you can almost always claim you were "1v2" and "making space" because any class without their cleanse cooldowns will be melted by you. At worst, you just caused two players to use their cooldowns and spend over 30 seconds dealing with your moronic self.

3) "Burst" Guardian. More of a rare breed, this Guardian is used by self-proclaimed "gods" who enjoy making healthbars disappear through careful exploitation of buffs, intelligence sigil, and traits. It usually involves an aggressive teleport and either a greatsword or hammer. Yes, dear reader, most of these players DID jump over to the Soulbeast bandwagon to continue making funny haha numbers with less effort. Some still exist there, but most have moved on to Harbinger or are repeating the past on Willbender. 

4) Core Hammer. I don't need to explain why this is here.

Honestly, there's a joke to be made that the only class in the game that worships the gods has the health bar of a kitten patient and exclusively relies on horrible gimmicks to stay alive. At least a D&D Cleric or Paladin can fight without cowering behind a magical barrier.

EDIT: Since sarcasm is hard to understand, I should add that the majority of this is satire with a sprinkling of truth.

Satire is based on truth. None of what you said is true. We all know cmc is a simp for d/d ele so he obviously isnt picking favorites.

18 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

cmc is a simp for d/d ele so he obviously isnt picking favorites.

As much as I am vexed by some of the balancing decisions, I'm glad that at least this hasnt become a thing. Not that d/d ele -doesnt- need buffs, but it would have been really low hanging fruit if suddenly ele became a powerhouse. The fact that -didnt- happen gives me some pause. Still mad, but some pause nonetheless. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

On 4/3/2022 at 3:20 AM, LexIcon.2819 said:

You can't stunbreak through longbow 5, logbow 3 is unblockable. Test of Faith is unblockable. Spear pull is ublockable.

Not invisible? Read what Rune of the Trapper does, dude.

11k HP with heavy armor and that toolkit isn't really an argument. Guess why he can have 3 offensive traitlines?

Yes you can if you're not gold. 
Walk to the edge of ring and break on the right moment as the cc hits, welcome outside the ring. Breath the free air.

1 hour ago, Lost Elegy.9276 said:

Honestly, asking for Trapper Rune nerfs is pointless. The tiny team of developers in charge of releasing the bi-yearly PvP updates is led by a dev who has over 90% of his sPvP games on Guardian. The dude won't let his favorite meme build die. The fact that Guardian has nothing but cheesy garbage for builds in sPvP is... *Puts on tinfoil hat* ... clearly intentional at this point. None of Guardian's builds have ever been enjoyable to fight. They excel at being obnoxious garbage.

1) Support Guard, or MediGuard as we used to call it, was always frustrating to fight. They didn't kill anyone, but if they wanted to revive someone, there was NOTHING you could do to stop them. After Firebrand got added, and the rework to staff, this just got exponentially worse. Only absurd core power creep and nerfs to firebrand got us to where we are no. AND NO ONE IS HAPPY.

2) Burn Guards. These toxic piles of sludge masquerading as humans managed to find and pilot a build centered exclusively around low effort, high reward burst that is more ape-brained than dual axe warriors. All of this while simultaneously having high block uptime and a short burst of teleports to keep up with less optimized builds. The elite strapped onto it has changed with the balance patch, but the same braindead playstyle remains. Mash all buttons that cause burn. If they don't cleanse within 2-3 seconds, they instantly die. If they cleanse, simply press the funny button that makes you invulnerable and ping your minimap so your team can come to finish what you started. If your team leaves you to die, you can almost always claim you were "1v2" and "making space" because any class without their cleanse cooldowns will be melted by you. At worst, you just caused two players to use their cooldowns and spend over 30 seconds dealing with your moronic self.

3) "Burst" Guardian. More of a rare breed, this Guardian is used by self-proclaimed "gods" who enjoy making healthbars disappear through careful exploitation of buffs, intelligence sigil, and traits. It usually involves an aggressive teleport and either a greatsword or hammer. Yes, dear reader, most of these players DID jump over to the Soulbeast bandwagon to continue making funny haha numbers with less effort. Some still exist there, but most have moved on to Harbinger or are repeating the past on Willbender. 

4) Core Hammer. I don't need to explain why this is here.

Honestly, there's a joke to be made that the only class in the game that worships the gods has the health bar of a kitten patient and exclusively relies on horrible gimmicks to stay alive. At least a D&D Cleric or Paladin can fight without cowering behind a magical barrier.

EDIT: Since sarcasm is hard to understand, I should add that the majority of this is satire with a sprinkling of truth.

My cat told me you dont quite understand how satire works.

Edited by Gwaihir.1745

42 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Satire is based on truth. None of what you said is true. We all know cmc is a simp for d/d ele so he obviously isnt picking favorites.

4 minutes ago, Gwaihir.1745 said:

My cat told me you dont quite understand how satire works.

You are both correct. It was not satire, just a bad attempt at a joke. The joke flopped. IT HAS BEEN RECTIFIED.