Wait for LW1 or go directly to LW2?

Hi all,

I just returned to the game (I played a few months when it launched), leveled to 80 and completed the personal story! I'm loving it so far and really enjoying the content so I was wondering what would make more sense, waiting a couple weeks for Living World 1 to come back or move directly to LW2, HoT, etc... is it worth it from a storytelling/lore perspective?

Thanks a lot and see you in Tyria!

Edited by Twelveshots.6839

if you wait for season 1 to be completely added to the Story Journal, you won't be able to play season 2 until (estimated / speculated) the end of year or later, since it's going to be released in 5 parts. (assumed since Anet said it will be split into 5 chapters).

IF you are wanting to get into the story more quickly, a guildmate spent quite some time making a 3+ hour video of season 1, which introduces you to the important characters and gives enough details to make it worth watching before playing season 2. This guildmate was thorough enough that you can watch it and feel NOT LOST when you begin season 2.

• Like 3

The story will definitely make more sense with Season 1 first (especially the start of Season 2), but it's not unplayable without it. I think if I was you I'd watch a recap video first (I can't recommend specific ones because I know there's a lot and I haven't seen most of them) then do Season 2 and either play Season 1 on the same character as it's released or do it on a second character.

• Like 1

As you are going through Season 2, make sure you are doing your "Return to..." achievements under the Side Stories section in the achievement panel as you do each chapter.  They are attached to the "meta achievement" "Seasons of the Dragons" found in Side Stories\Current Events.  Doing enough of those will get you some sweet rewards - an ascended weapon chest, an ascended trinket, a token for a free EoD pre-cursor, a 32-slot bag, and, if you complete all of them, a legendary amulet.

• Like 1