Gen 3 legendaries

2 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

I disagree. I have 48 characters and only need 2 weapons + 2 underwater weapons to have all, including duplicates of a few. The convenience of being able to equip most anything whenever I want is huge to me, well worth the investment. Besides, what else are you going to do with all the materials and gold you collect?

A Legendary Backpiece for example is around 1000 gold. Once you make a single Legendary Backpiece, you'll never need any other backpiece on any character for any build ever again, you are done with that slot. 

Three sets of Legendary Armor for all weight classes are about 6000 gold, and you'll never need any armor piece ever again.

A full set of Legendary Runes is about 2600g, and you'll never need any Runes on any character and build ever again.

You are not going to use the same 2 weapon types on all character's and builds, so compared to that, fully covering the Legendary Weapon slots to never need any weapon ever again (19 weapons + dual wield duplicates) in turn is around 40000 gold crafted, or up to 90000 gold if TP bought with current gen 3 prices. 

If Legendary Weapons had been made so they can't just change stats but also weapon type, with you only needing up to 4 of them (+2 underwater), they might be somewhat comparable in value, but as is, one of those seems to be a slightly worse value proposition.. by magnitudes, than the others (esp. when I consider having ~100 Ascended Weapon boxes piling up in my bank and currencies in my Wallet for about ~300 more just from playing the game - pretty much never needing to invest in Weapons ever again anyway). Pretty much anything else seems more worthwhile to invest in until I genuinely don't know what to do with piles of gold anymore. 

All I'm saying is that they are a downright awful value proposition, doesn't mean the Utility isn't indeed nice when you go for it anyway - and I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do with their wealth. 

Just talking about "invalidating the value of Gen 1 or 2" seems a tad silly to to me. No one ever made these because they thought they were a reasonable value proposition to begin with - or at least I'd hope so.

Edited by Asum.4960
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Asum.4960 said:

A Legendary Backpiece for example is around 1000 gold. Once you make a single Legendary Backpiece, you'll never need any other backpiece on any character for any build ever again, you are done with that slot. 

Three sets of Legendary Armor for all weight classes are about 6000 gold, and you'll never need any armor piece ever again.

A full set of Legendary Runes is about 2600g, and you'll never need any Runes on any character and build ever again.

Not disagreeing with most of your viewpoints except for this part. You can't compare trinkets and armors to weapons. Or even runes and sigils. It's comparing apples to oranges. You can't get any of those items without grinding for them personally. They can't be bought or sold on TP. The value of the time you expended to obtain all those will make the price way higher than what you had estimated if they can be bought or sold.

If talking about just the utility of each of those, then I'd place Trinkets (backpacks included) as highest since all characters can use a single set.  Then armors since you'll need 3 sets. Runes and sigils are in the odd spot where it's easy to obtain them and also you'll only need 1 set of each. And lastly, weapons.

However, in terms of desirability for me (can be translated as showing off my blings). it'll be Armors, Weapons, Trinkets and lastly, Runes & Sigils. In that order.

Edited by Silent.6137