Mount skins as hard content reward?

Kuya.6495

So people have been praising the new expansion for challenging content but panning it for rewards that don't match the effort put into doing the content. So in that line, why not add super rare mount skins to the loottable for strike CMs and other hard Eod content? Ffxiv does something similar with mount skins being in trials (basically the same thing as strikes). In fact Asmongold has enjoyed mount skin hunting in ffxiv a lot by doing trials content. 

So far Anet has only released mount skins as gem store items but I don't think putting mount skins as rare drops from CMs would cut into the profits much since most players can't regularly do CM content. Not to mention if the mount skins that drop from hard content can be sold on TP for several thousand gold, this also creates an incentive for players to buy gems and convert them to gold to buy a mount skin they want but don't want to do the CM for or suffer through rng until they get it, thereby still generating a profit for Anet.

It would be nice to eventually get nice mount skins you can only get in game, but I am willing to compromise with letting the skins be on TP if it incentivices anet to not worry about losing profits from gemstore.

Edit: another idea is to let players buy the mount skin using a large amount of green shards +legendary insights. It would diminish the complaints about bad rng or the impression anet wants to make casual players buy gold because anyone can get their mount skin eventually if they do the content enough. Plus it also creates a new sink for LIs for those who have already made envoy armor. So people would have three options: 1. rng drop from CMs, 2. buy off TP, or 3. spend large amount of green shards+LI to buy skin. I think no one would complain about this arrangement. 

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

11 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Nah. I'm of the mindset that all these things people have been pestering Anet about for years should be Gemstore items: mounts, fishing, housing, waifus, heck even dying weapons! Just my opinion, though.

hell yea! let's replace all strike/raid rewards with coupon codes and flyers for gem store sales!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1