A QoL for fishing & events: Add a day/dusk/night/dawn info to the Content section of the UI or as an option to in-game messages in chat

I have been to many events that happen at dusk/night/dawn where players are always asking in map chat when will it be night. I too sometimes have problems telling which time period the map is on and not always remembering to check wiki to see how close night or dawn is, and now I need to change baits according to day/night to catch certain fish on many maps

Now with fishing, in addition to all the events, you need to be aware of the time changes during the Day/dusk/night/dawn cycles. It would  extremely helpful to have an on screen display of what time period you are in for the map you are playing on.  This could be achieved by applying the event UI timers such a those used in Verdant Brink to all maps ie  a dusk event would have the 5 mins timer, a day event a 70 min timer. If this would be too intrusive maybe make it an option in game messages section of chat so to have the text appear in the chat window

This would make use of a feature that is available and would save time by not having to remember to  check the wiki to see when  is the day/night cycle, or to keep informing people in map chat until you are suppressed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

If something like this is implemented, I would also like to ask for a notification maybe 5-10 minutes (1-2 hours Tyrian time) BEFORE dusk/dawn comes, as you really need to be set up before dusk/dawn arrive so that you can spend the entire 5 minute period fishing.

• Like 1