PvP daredevil question

Lysico.4906

I’m running a new daredevil in PVP. I’m trying to figure out what is the standard melee weapon set that everyone is using. Right now I’m giving staff a try and it feels OK. It’s a little slow for me though. I was thinking of maybe running sword and pistol. So you could get pistol wipes in.  

Which everyone suggestion for the best melee set for a power SPEC daredevil 

In SPvP, the main value of a Daredevil is your movement. You've got perpetual Swiftness, your dodge is like superspeed, and you can shadow step using your utility skills and Shortbow 5. So the role you fill is "roamer," whose battle presence is usually defined by the ability to burst an already-weakened target. (Daredevil also happens to be great at penetrating people's "Oh kitten Button" defenses — your Steal is unblockable and guaranteed to remove stability, making it one of the strongest interrupt skills in the game.) As a roamer there are also lots of situations where you just want to get out of a fight to go do something else.

Because of all that, Dagger/Pistol is standard for most SPvP Daredevils: Shadow Shot lets you jump on a target quickly, Heartseeker is pretty good damage against someone who's already low, Head Shot's cheap little daze is great for countering heal skills, Black Powder is the most consistent and abundant source of stealth. With Dagger/Pistol, you lack AoE/cleaving but that's compensated decently by your Shortbow. Your basic dagger attacks also happen really fast, which makes it a decent source of chip damage as you're trying to finish someone off.

As others have stated already Dagger/Pistol - Shorbow is the meta and it's very nice to play, giving you access to almost anything you need to roam, +1 and sneaking around. Sword/Pistol is the more noob-friendly version of it making it easier to catch your target with a 2-3 burst. You can't access stealth with this unless you pick Bound grandmaster trait and combo your dodges with Black Powder supplyng the mobility of Unhindered combatant with sword 2. But well, that's up to you to try, dagger pistol is cool.

On 5/7/2022 at 4:44 PM, Leon.6839 said:

As others have stated already Dagger/Pistol - Shorbow is the meta and it's very nice to play, giving you access to almost anything you need to roam, +1 and sneaking around. Sword/Pistol is the more noob-friendly version of it making it easier to catch your target with a 2-3 burst. You can't access stealth with this unless you pick Bound grandmaster trait and combo your dodges with Black Powder supplyng the mobility of Unhindered combatant with sword 2. But well, that's up to you to try, dagger pistol is cool.

You can still stack stealth with Sword/Pistol using this method:

Pop Black Powder

Swap to Shortbow

Cluster Bomb at your feet (don't explode it into sub-munitions) for some blast finishers

optionally, for longest duration: Blinding Powder (stealth + blast finisher)

But it's rather costly and it doesn't work if an enemy runs into your Cluster Bomb.

Or, the "oh crap I gotta run" version:

Black Powder

Blinding Powder (stealth + blast finisher)

22 hours ago, ASP.8093 said:

You can still stack stealth with Sword/Pistol using this method:

Pop Black Powder

Swap to Shortbow

Cluster Bomb at your feet (don't explode it into sub-munitions) for some blast finishers

optionally, for longest duration: Blinding Powder (stealth + blast finisher)

But it's rather costly and it doesn't work if an enemy runs into your Cluster Bomb.

Or, the "oh crap I gotta run" version:

Black Powder

Blinding Powder (stealth + blast finisher)

My bad. I meant it for a similar use to Black Powder + Heart Seeker.

9 minutes ago, Leon.6839 said:

My bad. I meant it for a similar use to Black Powder + Heart Seeker.

Oh, yeah. The things I listed are definitely SO MUCH WORSE. BP+HS is really powerful and everything else feels messy in comparison.

(All newbie thieves, though, please remember: Black Powder + Cluster Bomb is how you stack stealth on the group.)

Edited by ASP.8093