Stacked matches?

Egorum.9506

I seem to be floating between 1550 and 1600. Just had a game with 2 people in placements- one of whom was playing his first ever pvp match, he died instantly over and over, 1 gold, and one 1500 player against a full team of plats -13. Had the same thing happen earlier but with 3 placements on my team and full plat on the other, -12. The MMR system is very out of whack, it comes across as deciding your rating and then trying to keep you there. if you climb 50 points above what glicko says you should be at from placements, it places you in no win games until you're back, same thing if you lose too many games- stacking them in your favor. These posts are all over the forums, why haven't any devs responded yet? What's the point in playing if you can't improve your rating? I'm getting 30% of the team damage in plat matches every match, but how about all the 40%+ games? i had one this season where i did over 50% of the teams damage, in a plat match. How in the hell does that happen if the matchmaker is even remotely competent? Unranked gives more even matches consistently lol

add them at the end of the match, then look in your guild and friends tab of the league window. it shows the rating of whomever you're friends with. the matches get stacked with high rating people on one side and low on the other, which suggests the matchmaker (glicko) system is forcing wins and losses. there shouldn't be blowouts of 500-200 if the matchmaker is working correctly. much less 500-sub 100, especially at plat. there's really no reason all of the placement players should be getting placed on one team repeatedly, if the purpose of the placement matches is to find out their skill level and it's an average platinum match they should be spread evenly.

I honestly don't know. I'm still somewhat waiting for ANet. To honestly answer this question. Because I'd like to play more of GW2's sPvP with my own characters, then Smite's sPvP with their pre made characters. But GW2 don't value my time and effort like Smite does.

However because of the aforementioned, it seems to me that matches are so stacked. That they are becoming clockwork predictable. Decent matches in any timezone in my experience seems far and few inbetween. Thus pushes me personally away from the game mode.

Because I don't play sPvP for PvE rewards, it gotten to be a pretty big turnoff for me. If I wants PvE rewards. I'm smart enough to know that, putting much much less effort in PvE. Will net me at least 5 plus times more PvE rewards, and gold per hour. Then afk grinding, or being on teams of players who are afk grinding pips in Ranked sPvP. Unless I was sleeping with a bot program running that is.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived