FB axe's symbol

daesz.2439

Is there a real reason for why Symbol of Vengeance works different than Symbol of Resolution, Symbol of Faith or basically any other core guardian symbol. It force you to do additional repositioning backward each time you cast it, so your team and you will not stay outside of it (the circle).

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

I found that the forward placement from axe works better than the other ones (centered on you) because for PvP it adds some range and doesn't waste AoE  behind you, whereas in PvE you can easily make work both systems.

i am not playing spvp anymore, but its worse for me in both pve and wvw (especially taking into account thats the only symbol that works this way) 😐

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2022 at 11:26 AM, Asezon.9467 said:

I think it might have to do with how the symbol was purely offensive on release, with no supportive elements to it (unless Writ of Persistence was traited). The fury pulses were only added a year later

That would make some sense, i switched back to maining guardian just recently, so i dont really remember how it was on release. Still very uncomfy to use this symbol tho :c

Edited by daesz.2439

• 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, DirtyDan.4759 said:

Players that range a boss while you are meleeing it don't deserve fury. If the fury doesn't reach them so won't your quickness.

That isn't the issue though is it? It will place in front of you (and so in front of your allies) unless you take a step back.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Shiny.1638 said:

That isn't the issue though is it? It will place in front of you (and so in front of your allies) unless you take a step back.

Isn't that the same place you want to be standing to get the maximum value out of your mantras?  I don't know why you'd want to take that step forward at all.