Reporting

I want you to hearken back to the times when reporting actually did something in GW1. Please bring it back. If someone gets reported enough times, they should be banned from playing for a certain span of time. 20 minutes and up depending on how much it happens in a row.. Please, please. Why do you have the feature if it doesn't do anything? this will greatly improve player experience I believe. if someone is a chronic afker in games, they shouldn't be allowed to que  over and over if people keep reporting them for their crimes. haha XD 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, WillPaharu.4837 said:

I want you to hearken back to the times when reporting actually did something in GW1. Please bring it back. If someone gets reported enough times, they should be banned from playing for a certain span of time. 20 minutes and up depending on how much it happens in a row.. Please, please. Why do you have the feature if it doesn't do anything? this will greatly improve player experience I believe. if someone is a chronic afker in games, they shouldn't be allowed to que  over and over if people keep reporting them for their crimes. haha XD 

Get banned just for the number of reports on your head... I'm sure noone would ever abuse this to report-spam people they dislike. Noone would ever post in guildchat asking people to report someone, noone would ever report-spam a streamer or the enemy commander on WvW... they would just have no reason to. This is a good idea. A really good one. Good ideas by smart people, this forum is awesome.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

Get banned just for the number of reports on your head... I'm sure noone would ever abuse this to report-spam people they dislike. Noone would ever post in guildchat asking people to report someone, noone would ever report-spam a streamer or the enemy commander on WvW... they would just have no reason to. This is a good idea. A really good one. Good ideas by smart people, this forum is awesome.

Afaik you can't report a player without selecting him/her first... making your (sick?) fears unfounded.

5 minutes ago, GODh.3892 said:

Afaik you can't report a player without selecting him/her first... making your (sick?) fears unfounded.

The really smart players, who achived ascended hacker level can just add you (friend/blocklist) and report from there. But I admit, that rarely ever happens, after all people don't have friends or enemies in todays MMO meta... I'm glad those (sick?) fears are unfounded.

12 hours ago, WillPaharu.4837 said:

Already made a thread on this; other forum users deny the problem exists so there isn't much discussion to be had.  

• 4 weeks later...

The issue of afk/idle player in pvp is monumental.....so is the lack of an actual functioning reporting system in this game. What is worse then the afkers, (who are that way from start to to finish without a single word), are the people who start to play, and then decide the match is lost, after like 2 seconds of playing, and then sit on spawn, and worse are the ones who are toxically chatting the whole match. It is some of the same people over and over again.  I religiously report them; for the worst of the worst, I will do a ticket for them. I plan to get the achievements I need out of pvp, and hope to rarely ever play it again, otherwise, I need to find a better game to play, because I feel that pvp is very, very toxic; it is rampant with cheaters, afk/idle players, bullies, and the game IS NOT doing enough to prevent this, if anything at all. 

Other games have good, functioning reporting systems, and so should gw2. 

On 5/29/2022 at 3:26 PM, Bazsi.2734 said:

An easy fix: only reports from people that have been on your team the last match you played, and only one idle player report from every player will be registered. 10 unique reports in a x hour/day period give you x time of dishonored. Every time you get the debuff during a 7 day period double to time you get. 

Edited by Geiir.7603
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

hope the devs read this

On 6/29/2022 at 12:44 AM, Geiir.7603 said:

An easy fix: only reports from people that have been on your team the last match you played, and only one idle player report from every player will be registered. 10 unique reports in a x hour/day period give you x time of dishonored. Every time you get the debuff during a 7 day period double to time you get.