Minion DPS (and tropical bird)

Wetterburg.4052

I'm relative new to GW2 and just tried out a minion master for Open World. I wondered how much DPS those minions do. So I looked and searched around. I stumbled over this old post from 14.12.2014 by eldenbri and some numbers posted here or there. But sadly nothing newer or conclusive. So I took the time and put all those minions against the golem into a dps test. The golem was of normal size and no buffs were applied.

Shadow Fiend: 499 dps
Bone Fiend: 257 dps
Bone Minions: 224 dps
Flesh Golem: 838 dps
Blood Fiend: 157 dps
Flesh Wurm: 316 dps
Jagged Horror from Superior Rune of the Lich or Death Nova: 334 dps

Tropical Bird from Superior Rune of the Privateer: 536

What is missing?

The dps numbers from the golem summoned by the Superior Rune of the Golemancer and the dps of the rock dog summoned by the Superior Rune of the Ogre. It would be great, if someone with those runes could complete this.

Import Information:
Those numbers were meassured with  a minion master build which uses blood and death magic with the traits "Necromantic Corruption", "Vampiric" and "Vampiric Presence". (thanks Asum)

Edited by Wetterburg.4052
Information Update about used Build
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I meassured the dps for the Bone Minions, when they are played with Putrid Explosion:

My character was standing close to 900 units away from the golem. I summon the Bone Minions, they run to the Golem and get exploded with the Putrid Explosion, when they arrive at their target. After the cooldown of 16 seconds another two Bone Minions get summoned, run to the golem and get exploded and so on. To keep the attack going, I used a Blood Fiend. Just because I meassured it's dps recently and it does not apply additional conditions to the golem.

Bone Minions with Putrid Explosion: 364

It is an whopping increase of 62,5% percent dps. But that is based on the meager 224 dps the Bone Minions normally do. With Putrid Explosion they do 140 dps more.

Looking at the dps total of the minion master build I'm trying, it is an abysmal increase of 3,5%. And a build doing unbuffed 4000 dps is far from strong. Considering, that you have to press an additional button every 16 seconds to summon those minions, keep track that they arrived by their target, so you can press again that button two times to explode them, it is a lot of action for a very small dps increase.

Edited by Wetterburg.4052
typo
  • Thanks 1

I assume those numbers are with Necromantic Corruption, Vampiric and Vampiric Presence?

Rough raw Minion DPS numbers are actually already featured on the wiki in their skill pages under additional Notes:

Flesh Golem: 670 DPS

Shadow Fiend: 380 DPS

Flesh Wurm: 260 DPS

Bone Fiend: 160 DPS

Bone Minions: 115 DPS

Blood Fiend: 100 DPS

The Golem of Golemancer Runes according to the Wiki does ~600 DPS, the Rock Dog of the Ogre Runes ~400 DPS.

Edited by Asum.4960
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Asum.4960 said:

I assume those numbers are with Necromantic Corruption, Vampiric and Vampiric Presence?

Indeed they are. I had put that in the first post. 😉

3 hours ago, Asum.4960 said:

Rough raw Minion DPS numbers are actually already featured on the wiki in their skill pages under additional Notes:

Flesh Golem: 670 DPS

Shadow Fiend: 380 DPS

Flesh Wurm: 260 DPS

Bone Fiend: 160 DPS

Bone Minions: 115 DPS

Blood Fiend: 100 DPS

The Golem of Golemancer Runes according to the Wiki does ~600 DPS, the Rock Dog of the Ogre Runes ~400 DPS.

I found a lot of old information and even the wiki is not always up to date. That is why I took the time to meassure those numbers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Wetterburg.4052 said:

I found a lot of old information and even the wiki is not always up to date. That is why I took the time to meassure those numbers.

I have legendary Runes, so I'll gladly check Golemancer and Ogre Runes for accuracy for you in a bit.

E:/

Alright, so Golemancer's Golem checks out at ~600 DPS.

The Rock Dog of Ogre Runes does apply bleeding and inherits the players Expertise and Condition Damage (this interaction applies to all Minions, such as Jagged Horrors), causing it's DPS to vary between the ~400 DPS on a power build (supported by the Rune's other stats) and ~550 DPS for Condi.

Edited by Asum.4960
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Asum.4960 said:

I have legendary Runes, so I'll gladly check Golemancer and Ogre Runes for accuracy for you in a bit.

E:/

Alright, so Golemancer's Golem checks out at ~600 DPS.

The Rock Dog of Ogre Runes does apply bleeding and inherits the players Expertise and Condition Damage (this interaction applies to all Minions, such as Jagged Horrors), causing it's DPS to vary between the ~400 DPS on a power build (supported by the Rune's other stats) and ~550 DPS for Condi.

Thanks a lot for your time to test this!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...