Make all glyphs ammo skills (except renewal)

Poelala.2830

Glyph of Elemental Harmony- 2 ammunition. New war heal not only heals more with each use, it grants conditional boons on second use with an option for 800 barrier on the second activation from traits.

Glyph of Elemental Empowerment- 2 ammunition. I don’t think it’s necessary to even increase the cooldown on this as the conditions it provides aren’t necessarily potent and the stunbreak might be what elementalist needs to actually survive well on glass builds.

Glyph of Storms- 2 ammunition. It’s currently quite weak in most forms of gameplay outside of golem benchmark gameplay. I also think the cast time should be reduced.

Glyph of Lesser Elementals- 3 ammunition. I would also like to see all self inflicting traits ele has applying to the elements as well

Glyph of Elementals- 2 ammunition. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, thepolishman.2348 said:

This would make ele extremely OP.

That said, I suppose it wouldn't make us any more OP than harbinger or willbender.

Can you explain how ele would become OP from this change? What skills on other classes that make them OP compare to these? Glyph of Storms AoE large hitbox- not strong in sPvP (or WvW) unless foes AFK on node

Glyph of Elemental Harmony- very strong but still no cleanses available, no new boons available, no other effects available.

Glyph of Lesser Elementals- elementals... lol.

Glyph of Elementals- could be OP with two ice golems but it takes a willbender perhaps .75 seconds to 1shot an ice golem and if the team recognizes there's an ice golem it would just instantly die, even with stability.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, soulknight.9620 said:

No, just no! Glyphs are great as they are and very powerfull. If Anet would add ammo to glyphs they will nerf the effects. Summoning glyphs could use some up-to-date treatments, but thats it. 

Cant remember the last time I've seen someone be successful with something other than Glyph of Renewal in sPvP and their Glyph of Elementals being useful outside of 1v1s. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Poelala.2830 said:

Cant remember the last time I've seen someone be successful with something other than Glyph of Renewal in sPvP and their Glyph of Elementals being useful outside of 1v1s. 

Then u need to refresh ur memory on Glyph of Elemental Power on fire weaver (yes yes the 25 sec cd stunbreak with decent condi damage in fire). And ofc try to play wvw and pve for a change and say hi to Glyph of Stroms (with area of blind on earth one, sick power dmg on air one, decent condi damage in fire, and an area chill with water) in pve and wvw. 

Every skill has its uses and not every one of them should be op in every game mode all the time. 

Edited by soulknight.9620
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, soulknight.9620 said:

Then u need to refresh ur memory on Glyph of Elemental Power on fire weaver (yes yes the 25 sec cd stunbreak with decent condi damage in fire). And ofc try to play wvw and pve for a change and say hi to Glyph of Stroms (with area of blind on earth one, sick power dmg on air one, decent condi damage in fire, and an area chill with water) in pve and wvw. 

Every skill has its uses and not every one of them should be op in every game mode all the time. 

Im down with potential pve damage nerfs to compensate for glyph of storms change but in wvw I just do not see anyone standing in the field long enough for that to be a problem. GvG’s see constant movement, and siege is infinitely better when defending against attackers in WvW. Ignoring all of that, AoE long range damage is a niche that needs to be filled by something other than meteor shower, so I’m still not convinced it would be OP.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Poelala.2830 said:

Can you explain how ele would become OP from this change? What skills on other classes that make them OP compare to these? Glyph of Storms AoE large hitbox- not strong in sPvP (or WvW) unless foes AFK on node

Glyph of Elemental Harmony- very strong but still no cleanses available, no new boons available, no other effects available.

Glyph of Lesser Elementals- elementals... lol.

Glyph of Elementals- could be OP with two ice golems but it takes a willbender perhaps .75 seconds to 1shot an ice golem and if the team recognizes there's an ice golem it would just instantly die, even with stability.

Glyph of Storms - Effectively, you would get 18 seconds of area denial (9 seconds per glyph).  It's basically a free point capture, unless your opponent(s) can tank all that damage.

Glyph of Elemental Harmony - As you said yourself, it would be very strong even without cleanses.

Glyph of Lesser Elementals - Having 3 ammunition would make this a must-have for support builds.  If harbinger and willbender are ever nerfed, it would effectively make support builds into very strong duelists.  As of now, harbinger and willbender are the only things that would keep this from being OP

Glyph of Elementals - You underestimate how effective the ice elemental can be.  It's a lot harder to kill than you think when a support build uses it, since I can make the ice pet heal itself when I use the heal skill.  If any team is going around specifically focusing my ice elemental, then that's great, since it means that none of my teammates are taking damage. And as soon as it dies, I'd just resummon another one.

Edited by thepolishman.2348
  • Haha 1

Glyph of elemental harmony, glyph of storms, glyph of elemental power and glyph of elementals are already in a decent spot right now and don't need any improvement.  

I wouldn't mind seeing some improvements on glyph of lesser elemental and glyph of renewal. 

Glyph of lesser elemental could add some 2nd skill that pops up after the elemental is summoned (like the elite skill) and glyph of renewal could use some faster casting time or shorter cooldown. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, thepolishman.2348 said:

Glyph of Storms - Effectively, you would get 18 seconds of area denial (9 seconds per glyph).  It's basically a free point capture, unless your opponent(s) can tank all that damage.

Glyph of Elemental Harmony - As you said yourself, it would be very strong even without cleanses.

Glyph of Lesser Elementals - Having 3 ammunition would make this a must-have for support builds.  If harbinger and willbender are ever nerfed, it would effectively make support builds into very strong duelists.  As of now, harbinger and willbender are the only things that would keep this from being OP

Glyph of Elementals - You underestimate how effective the ice elemental can be.  It's a lot harder to kill than you think when a support build uses it, since I can make the ice pet heal itself when I use the heal skill.  If any team is going around specifically focusing my ice elemental, then that's great, since it means that none of my teammates are taking damage. And as soon as it dies, I'd just resummon another one.

Tested glyph of storms in air and over the 9 second duration I consistently did 10-12k dmg on light armor golem. It didn’t die. I tested on the patch of heavy golems in HotM and none of them went below 75% hp… I was full zerk/divinity. 1k dps is not denying an entire area 😂

GoEH- Very strong still isn’t OP, especially with 1s cast time.

GoLE- you don’t explain how it would be OP though? On support builds each of your elemental acts as a target for your 5 target cap. You can’t support you (1) +3 elementals(4) + 3 allies(7). You can only support maximum one ally. So, again, any form of aoe damage or cleave would kill them. Most classes can do enough AoE damage to kill them faster than they could be casted. Even then, lesser elementalists do no damage.

GoE- If teams can react to Lich or EoA then they can shift focus for the 2 seconds it takes to kill an ice elemental. 4 seconds accounting for the resummon. Not to mention in a teamfight if you have a golem up 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Poelala.2830 said:

Tested glyph of storms in air and over the 9 second duration I consistently did 10-12k dmg on light armor golem. It didn’t die. I tested on the patch of heavy golems in HotM and none of them went below 75% hp… I was full zerk/divinity. 1k dps is not denying an entire area 😂

GoEH- Very strong still isn’t OP, especially with 1s cast time.

GoLE- you don’t explain how it would be OP though? On support builds each of your elemental acts as a target for your 5 target cap. You can’t support you (1) +3 elementals(4) + 3 allies(7). You can only support maximum one ally. So, again, any form of aoe damage or cleave would kill them. Most classes can do enough AoE damage to kill them faster than they could be casted. Even then, lesser elementalists do no damage.

GoE- If teams can react to Lich or EoA then they can shift focus for the 2 seconds it takes to kill an ice elemental. 4 seconds accounting for the resummon. Not to mention in a teamfight if you have a golem up 

For GoLE, prior to EOD, minion tempest was a pretty good duelist spec.  While it couldn't kill anything very quickly, you'd win 1v1 vs. pretty much anything.  Only thing it struggled with was specs with decent aoe that could kill multiple elementals quickly.

Overall though, GoLE adds a lot of dps to support spec with no investment in any other stats or skills.  Being able to instantly summon all 3 lesser elementals at once would add a substantial amount of dps.

For the elite elemental, I currently use the ice elemental in pvp.  I almost always get several heals from it, and even if I only get 1, it's a pretty substantial 7k aoe heal.  Being able to summon another ice elemental right after the 1st one dies would be a pretty huge buff.

I also tested the glyph of storms.  You're right, it's pretty weak in pvp, so I suppose another charge could be added to it.  Probably better just to give it a straight damage buff though.

Edited by thepolishman.2348
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1