Voracious Dive?!?!

Full Disclosure, I may be the one GW2 player that was sad to see Underwater Combat vanish into the Mists but, I find it hard to believe that NO ONE else has noticed this. 

This skill does not exist. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Voracious_Dive

I know. I know. There's a Wiki page AND an in game tool tip! Doesn't change the fact that when you are underwater and you activate Harbinger Shroud Skill 4...you get this.   https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gathering_Plague  The same crappy underwater skill that Core Necros have had to endure since back when Underwater Combat was actually a thing! I have never understood how that somehow "This skill is the underwater replacement for: Life Transfer"  because it's pretty useless but that's another Forum post all together. 

So, I've tested and retested and even had guildies confirm on their Harbys...yeah...it's just not there. All other Underwater Harbinger skill seem to work as intended, except this one. Does ANet know? Because, I can't find ANY posts or bug fixes yet. Forgive me if this has been covered and I just couldn't find it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/25/2022 at 12:19 PM, Khisanth.2948 said:

I've notice this before and it does sometimes work.

Just did a bit of experimenting right now and it looks like you will get the wrong skill if you enter shroud while in combat and get the correct one if you enter shroud while out of combat.

yep still broken

It has been a problem since EoD's release. At first I thought they just gave harbinger a worthless underwater Shroud 4, then I later ran into the Voracious Dive tooltip and realized that they somehow never put Voracious Dive in the game despite having the tooltip for it. 

I made a thread about it (also about how Shroud 3's movement doesn't work underwater) back in July, but I don't think it got much attention: 

On 6/25/2022 at 11:19 AM, Khisanth.2948 said:

I've notice this before and it does sometimes work.

Just did a bit of experimenting right now and it looks like you will get the wrong skill if you enter shroud while in combat and get the correct one if you enter shroud while out of combat.

That doesn't make the skill work. That only gives you the tooltip. If you activate it, it is still gathering plague.

• 4 weeks later...