Fix stealth attack cooldown

Dagger.2035

Is it just me or does the current cooldown on stealth attacks feel like it ruins the fluid playstyle of thieves?  I never liked this implementation since I would prefer just to auto-attack to exit stealth.  Instead, I have to wait for the cooldown or burn initiative and use a different skill.  I have a couple alternatives to the cooldown and wanted to see what you guys think:

1. After a missed stealth attack, skill #1 reverts back to auto attack during the stealth attack cooldown.  This lets you choose to wait or auto-attack.
  2. After a missed stealth attack, you are revealed.  I wouldn't mind this approach and it would reward opponents for avoiding a stealth attack.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dagger.2035 said:

Is it just me or does the current cooldown on stealth attacks feel like it ruins the fluid playstyle of thieves?  I never liked this implementation since I would prefer just to auto-attack to exit stealth.  Instead, I have to wait for the cooldown or burn initiative and use a different skill.  I have a couple alternatives to the cooldown and wanted to see what you guys think:

1. After a missed stealth attack, skill #1 reverts back to auto attack during the stealth attack cooldown.  This lets you choose to wait or auto-attack.
  2. After a missed stealth attack, you are revealed.  I wouldn't mind this approach and it would reward opponents for avoiding a stealth attack.

Man, this was changed like 6 years ago, or something like that.

90% of players dodge right after you stealth combo, so wait 1 sec to hit the backstab and a bp/hs/steal combo and it should land.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

Man, this was changed like 6 years ago, or something like that.

90% of players dodge right after you stealth combo, so wait 1 sec to hit the backstab and a bp/hs/steal combo and it should land.

I know, I commented against the change back in the day.  I’m not even playing main hand dagger.  I just feel it is a half arsed implementation when there are better alternatives.

8 hours ago, Dagger.2035 said:

I am sure it is a bug. I don't care to backstab. I prefer my auto attack chain to get my  condition damage out there quicker.  It keeps (not firing)  like it is trying to figure out if I am in backstab position or not buy can't handle it so then I end up waiting till stealth runs out before my auto attack works.

Basically I’m bringing this back up after all of these years due to the Shadow Arts changes.   I used to run S/D with Shadow Arts pre-HoT and I need that build to pop in and out of stealth to proc the defensive traits.  It’s no longer possible with the cooldown.  I can continue to run a normal S/D build to avoid this issue and use stealth attacks situationally.

It seems like the existing implementation only benefits main hand dagger builds.  It slows down other builds which need to play more aggressively.  I would just like access to my auto attack chain instead of waiting for a second stealth attack.  Reveal on a missed stealth attack seems like the best option and it would provide more counter play to stealth.